Mrs. International Week: Part One!


July 16th-21st I had to the opportunity to compete with 59 other women for the prestigious title of Mrs. International 2018!  This blog I will recap some highlights from the first few days and I will share with you some of my favorite moments I had with some amazing women from around the world!

July 16th: Arrival and orientation!  All I can say is THANK YOU to my wonderful directors for letting me stay with them Sunday evening into Monday morning before my contestant room was ready. I was able to check in with the fabulous staff at the Charleston Marriot Town Center…they know hospitality in West Virginia!  Then, Monday night kicked off orientation!  We all were given our contestant numbers (#25!), interview groups, were able to meet the fabulous pageant staff and Ms. Mary (our national director), and get to finally mingle with each other. 







July 17th: We took a trip to the W.V. Governor’s Mansion for a tour, tea, and meet some of the Governor’s staff.  We also took a visit to the local Charleston salt factory.  The tour was one of the most interesting tours I have ever been on.  Who would have thought that the process of making salt would be fascinating?!  We finished off the morning with lunch at the Charleston market (yummy!) then back to the hotel for opening number rehearsals in the afternoon.  That evening, we had our roof top reception where we got the best view of Charleston!







July 18th:  A day FULL of rehearsals!  We went over opening number so many times I could do it in my sleep. J  We also focused on evening gown and fitness wear walking and patterns.  It was a day spent getting comfortable with the stage.  Thankfully, after supper we were given the most wonderful surprise of evening… rehearsal being CANCELLED!  Needless to say, the extra downtime was much appreciated and I took advantage of relaxing and hanging out with my directors for some good laughs and interview prep.






My looks this week were thanks to: Seni Chic (Atlanta), Apricot Lane Boutique (Fargo), Debbie Carroll Design (Las Vegas), and my wonderful hair and make-up by Clay Spann’s team! 

Stay tuned for part two coming out soon!

With Gratitude,

Laura Schmidt
Mrs. North Dakota International 2018
1RU Mrs. International 2018

Popular Posts