What Pageants have Taught Me


There are many things I wished I would’ve known before starting pageantry. There are also many things I have learned through pageantry. I wouldn’t trade these last three and a half years for anything. The North Dakota International pageant system has helped shape me into the woman I am today.

I did not know how many lifelong friends I would make while being involved with pageants. I have been able to connect and network with so many wonderful young women who are confident, beautiful, and have a passion for their platform. I did not realize how much work pageantry actually is. It’s not just about makeup and dresses, it’s about having a purpose and a passion and wanting to make the world a better place. As a contestant and title holder you find out just how strong you are and how much you can accomplish if you set your mind to it.

I have learned that I am enough and that a crown doesn’t define me. I have learned how to juggle school, work, social life, and pageant life. There is never a time where you aren’t your “title”, everyone is always watching and looking up to you. I have learned that sometimes it is okay to break down and be sad about not winning, after all you have put in a year for that competition and your whole heart and soul.

I am so blessed to be a part of this wonderful system and to have gotten to know all of the wonderful women.

One wish at a time,

Paris Arnhalt
Miss Teen North Dakota International 2018

Popular Posts