Southern Hospitality: Part Two!     

Last blog, I left off with my time in Maryland.  This blog I will discuss more southern adventures…some back to my favorite places!  My time in Maryland came to a close, I flew on over to Lexington, Kentucky where I would be for work the following week.  BUT, I had a few days to spare! So what did I do? Travel, of course!  I made my way to the deep south traveling through Tennessee. I had the opportunity to catch up with an old friend there from the Air Force I had not seen for over five years.

After a quick stop in Knoxville, Tennessee, I continued my travels through Georgia to my final destination of Dothan, Alabama. Who did I see there but some of my favorite people: Joey, Clay, and Ms. Terry from The Competitive Image.  Earlier in the month I had saw Clay and Ms. Terry for my official photo shoot and this trip I was there to have Joey style me for the Mrs. International Pageant.  Let me tell you what, Joey is amazing.  Not only does he have a knack for styling but also he has a true heart of gold and a great sense of humor.  My time in Dothan was nothing less of spectacular. I left with some amazing items to add to my competition wardrobe and many wonderful memories. 




Completing my amazing trip to Dothan, I headed back north to make my way back to Lexington, KY for work.  On my way back, I was able to stop by RMHC of Atlanta, Georgia and receive a tour of their house.  The staff there was very welcoming and it was great to see not only their house but listen to their story of service.  Once I finished up my time at RMHC of Atlanta, I packed up again and finally made it back to Lexington (fun fact: Lexington, KY to Dothan, AL=9.5 hour drive!). 

Even though I was in Lexington for work, I made sure I was able to go the RMHC of Lexington.  While I was receiving a tour of the house, I ran into a couple collegiate members of Alpha Delta Pi Sorority from the University of Kentucky.  We had an immediate connection because I am an Alpha Delta Pi alumna!  When they heard I was in town, they invited to their house for a senior ceremony. Needless to say my time at RMHC Lexington was amazing.  Not only did I get to tour the house and talk with the staff about all of the projects and remolding plans, but I also met some amazing sisters.



Off to the UK ADPI house I went the following evening. I was able to participate in the senior ceremony welcoming the collegiate members as new alumnae.  There are not many times as an alumna I get to participate in these ceremonies, let alone at another university so it made it extra special.  I was also able to share my RMHC platform with the girls and my title as Mrs. North Dakota International.  Fun fact, Alpha Delta Pi’s national philanthropy is RMHC.  This was one of the main reasons why I joined this sorority and why I have stayed involved past my collegiate years. 



Summing up all of my travels, there will never be enough words. However, I am thankful for the opportunity to travel because of my work.  Because of my work travels, I am able to expand my presence and volunteer work to so many RMHC’s across the country and meet many families, staff, and create friendships along the way.  Stay tuned for my next blog as I continue my travels as your Mrs. North Dakota International!

With Gratitude,

Laura Schmidt
Mrs. North Dakota International

Popular Posts