My Mr. North Dakota International


As Mrs. North Dakota International, I am blessed to have such a great support system rooting for me as I continue on my journey to become the next Mrs. International.  However, no one’s support means more to me than that of my husband, Kelly.  The Mrs. International Pageant system is a tremendous system because not only are they service and family oriented, but also in the Mrs. division they incorporate spouses as much as possible.





I was very fortunate to have Kelly crown me as Mrs. North Dakota International and be back stage with me for the evening gown portion of competition.  I thought having my husband back stage with me would be more nerve-wracking but it wasn’t at all.  With his sense of humor and his ability to calm me, I went out on stage and gave it my all.  Now, we are on to a bigger stage, a larger group of contestants and a new city.



We talked before I even decided to compete for Mrs. North Dakota International what my journey would be like. I told him my goal was to be Mrs. International. I wanted to represent my platform (RMHC), the International Pageant system, and become an advocate for women suffering with self-esteem and confidence issues.  I remember after I told him that he said if this is what I really wanted he would support me 100%.  That right there, ladies, is a devoted husband!  Not only has he been there on stage and volunteering with me, but he has survived my wardrobe fittings, picture taking, and being Mr. Mom while I’m away.   



I cannot wait until the Mrs. International Pageant in July where WE get to compete as a team, highlight our great state of North Dakota, and meet so many new people.

With Gratitude,

Laura Schmidt
Mrs. North Dakota International

Popular Posts