“Everything I am, you helped me to be”


 Mother's day! A day to celebrate the person who gave you life, and what could be more important than that? I believe everyday should essentially be mother’s day, but lets not tell them that!!

My mom, Melanie, was born July 20th, 1975 to Jim and Marian. I am forever grateful for that day, because that day gave me her. She was destined to come into this world, to give birth to my sister, and me Marlee.

Marlee was born September 27th, 1993. That is another day that is very significant to me, because that day my mom and dad had my beautiful big sister. We would be inseparable for the rest of our lives, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

5 years later, I was born, on April 2nd, 1998.

My mom gave me so many wonderful things in life.

Many years of my childhood staying home with me because she didn’t want to be apart from my sister and me.

Many years of making me giggle and playing with me.

Many years of waking me up early to help her set up the Christmas tree.

Many years of pushing me on the swing and going on bike rides, (and holding me when I’d cry when I would fall off the bike).

Many years of staying up with me all hours of the night because of my asthma, singing me “you are my sunshine” until I could fall asleep.

She gave me her hair color.

She gave me her eye color.

She gave me a sister.

She gave me life.

She made me into the women I am today.

That and so many reasons more are why I appreciate my mother more than words can explain. She has been my rock, my best friend, and my mom for 20 years now, and I wouldn’t trade her for the world. She has always put my feelings before her own, and she has always strived and successes to give me the most amazing life.

I am so thankful and blessed to be her daughter.

I love you mommy bear.

XOXO,
Emalee Kitzan
Miss North Dakota International 2018

Popular Posts