Give Back

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."-Winston Churchill

My platform is Give Back! I'm encouraging others to find their passion and give their time and talents to help those less fortunate. My special project is the Ransom County Food Pantry where I volunteer my time stocking shelves. I have organized 3 food drives at my school and church were I collected 240lbs of food. I love being at the food pantry. Sometimes my little brother Charlie comes with to help me.

Three years ago my 4-H club filled Thanksgiving baskets at the food pantry. I didn't even know that there was a food pantry in Lisbon until then. One day last summer I worked there on a Thursday which is when they are open for Ransom County residents and a lot of people came in to get food. I was happy to know that I was helping others, but it shocked me to know that people couldn't afford food.

I have been volunteering for the past few years with different community events and organizations as well. I have rang the bell for the Salvation Army, I volunteer at the Fort Ransom Sodbuster's Association Event and the Sheyenne Valley Arts and Crafts Association Show. I also have volunteered with the Fort Ransom Community Club Quilt Bingo that is held every spring. I enjoyed volunteering at the Ransom County Fair last summer. I helped serve food at the corn feed and I helped the auctioneers at the premium sale.

I'm lucky to live in a community where everyone helps out when someone is in need or if there is a community event. It was easy for me to know what my platform would be when I signed up for the pageant. Just as my volunteering makes me happy, I'm encouraging  you all to find something that you enjoy doing for others.

Giving Back With Love,
Jocelyn Birklid
Miss Pre Teen North Dakota International 2018




Popular Posts