Life…It’s A Balancing Act!



I always get asked the question as Mrs. North Dakota International, “how do you balance having a family AND holding a title?” 
Well it’s simple but complicated!  First off, I have the best support system anyone could ask for!  Between volunteering, appearances, oh, and having a full-time job, my wonderful husband, family and friends are always there to support me. Whether it’s coming over to watch my son, Bode, let the dog out, or even help me at events, the people in my life are amazing.

                                                                My amazing support system, my hubby!


        Blessed to work for an amazing organization that supports my volunteerism and community advocacy.
Secondly, I am blessed to be a super organized person and a planner.  My life is always scheduled out on a calendar; without that, I would literally be lost.  By having a visual calendar, I am able to understand what type of preparation is needed on my end to follow through with all the obligations I have committed to short term and long term.

One of my FAVORITE parts of being Mrs. North Dakota International is participating in events with my sister queens! This was the St. Patrick’s Day parade in downtown Fargo.
Lastly, but most importantly solidify my priorities.  Since becoming a wife and a mother I have learned that as much as I want to be super woman and do everything, it is not always feasible.  Priorities change on a short term and long term basis for me but one thing is for certain is that I will always place my faith and family first.  No matter what though, if I make something a priority in my life I strive to fulfill my obligations.  

I am so blessed to be this boy’s mamma.  I am even more blessed that I get to include him on my journey as Mrs. North Dakota International.  He is truly a great helper (and distraction)!
With that all being said, my life and life balance will always be a work in progress.  That’s the joy of life! :)

With Gratitude,
Laura Schmidt
Mrs. North Dakota International 2018
 

Popular Posts