Easter


Wow! I can’t believe it is already April and already Easter weekend! These first two and a half months of my reign have gone so incredibly fast and have been filled with so much joy! But, for this blog I just wanted to take some time to reflect on Easter and what it means for me.

            Growing up Easter for most people is about going and seeing the Easter bunny and going on Easter egg hunts and seeing cute little bunnies all over the place. Although all of that is fun and nothing wrong with it, that was never how I grew up with Easter. Sure, Easter included egg hunts and baskets full of candy and chocolate (which is always a good thing). But, our Easter was, and still is, spent meditating on what Jesus did for us on the cross.

            I believe Easter is a time to reflect on all God has done for us and how he alone has always been so faithful to us even when we don’t deserve it. Easter to me is realizing just how much I am loved by the maker of Heaven and Earth that He would send His only son to save me and forgive my sins.

            God didn’t have to send his son to save us from OUR sins. Jesus didn’t have to hang on the cross for all the wrong WE had and will do in our lifetime. HE CHOSE TO. He chose us and he chose to rescue us from our punishment and what we deserved, which is death. So that all people who choose to believe and trust that He died and rose again can have eternal life.

            Everything I do is because and for Him, without Him I am nothing and I have nothing. I am here to glorify Him and to live my life for Him.

            I encourage all of you to truly reflect on all He has done for you and how much He truly and passionately loves you.

“For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”- Luke 19:10

One wish at a time,

Paris Arnhalt
Miss Teen North Dakota International 2018

Popular Posts