Photoshoot



If you would’ve told me 3 years ago that I would get to do a photo shoot as Mrs. North Dakota International 2019 I probably would have been seriously concerned with your mental health.  There would be so many reasons I wouldn’t have thought this was possible.  First of all, I am mother of 3 children, who does that?  Second, I am too ____ and not enough ____ - fill in endless insecurities in the blanks.  I’m extremely unphotogenic, I either smile awkwardly or so big that my eyes disappear.  I have zero experience, even for high school senior pictures I literally did one headshot, and that was in the 90’s when there was a plethora of fake backgrounds of everything from barns to laser light shows.
Well, #40for40goals happened and I ended up here, Mrs. North Dakota International 2019, at the queens’ photo shoot.  A full week of planning; 3 full car loads of dresses, wardrobe, shoes, jewelry and props; 10 trips up and down the stairs to the studio, 1 spray tan, 1 trip to Anna’s Nails and I was ready to start.  Let the queen treatment begin!  3 years ago, I would’ve spent the day feeling unworthy of this pampering, self-conscious and somewhat miserable.  After being on this journey of self-acceptance, I allowed myself to thoroughly enjoy every moment.   A full day of pampering from our hair and make-up sponsor Jenna Spicer.  Meg and Janelle, our pageant directors doting on me, helping me choose earrings and clothes.  A day to celebrate me along with my sister queens and all that we have accomplished; and dream about what we will do this year with this amazing opportunity.  After all the hard work, it was good to take a day to enjoy our success.  I am grateful and amazed by the fact that I, just me, Jessie Alison Worner Aamodt, gets to be a state titleholder in the International pageant system.  I get to have a crown to use as my microphone to share a message of importance.  This photo shoot was a day to enjoy and celebrate that accomplishment.  To feel like a pampered princess for a day.  The queens’ photo shoot was a day filled with women having fun together, laughing, making plans, encouraging and supporting one another, hearing about each other’s accomplishments and spurring one another on to more. 
Our photographer, Rebecca Brick from Mabelle Photography along with her husband Ben are not only talented but cheer you on and bring out the best in you.  They made me feel comfortable and happy to be there.  Rebecca has this beautiful smile that peeks out from behind that camera that helps you let your natural self show through.  Each person made this day a cherished memory I will hold tight to in my heart.
I am proud of our North Dakota International Pageant team and am so thankful for each of them! Each person gives so much of their time and talents, so we can have all the tools we need to get out there and make a difference.  Talk about using your powers for good!  I am incredibly grateful and humbled to have this opportunity.  All the contestants in our pageant work so hard and all will make wonderful state titleholders.  I hold in high esteem the legacy that others have left before me, the honor that I have been entrusted with and the example I will leave.  I strive to use each day of this year to the very best of my ability.  I unbelievably enjoyed my queens’ photo shoot, and I will unapologetically enjoy all the moments, even the spotlight ones! Even we Midwesterners are allowed to enjoy the spotlight when it’s our turn. 
Enjoy your life, all the moments, and let your light shine brightly!
Jessie Aamodt
Mrs. North Dakota International 2019

P.S. Keep an eye out for NDIP Holiday pics.  Each queen had their photo shoot, but we also did a greatest hit holiday tour, a year in a hurricane of wardrobe changes, jewelry and props.  We had so much fun, there were many times we couldn’t stop laughing and yes, my eyes disappeared again, but who cares, I like that big smile, it means I am having the time of my life!






Popular Posts