Clay Spann photoshoot


 
What better way to celebrate being a queen than by having a day of pampering? In March I had the opportunity to have my official Miss North Dakota International photo shoot with  Clay Spann!


I am only competing for the title of Miss International once, so I am going to embrace all of the once in a lifetime opportunities while I can. That included going to see the legendary Clay Spann all the way in Dothan, Alabama!



I had never been to Dothan and let me tell you, I absolutely loved it! It’s a quaint and beautiful city full of true southern charm. The whole city is full of great restaurants (Including KBC, that is owned by a Top Chef Winner), unique shops, and incredibly nice people. I am certain that Dothan, Alabama is not on your bucket list but it definitely should be added because it is so much fun!



Photo shoot day started bright and early at 8 a.m. I booked the full package so that meant I had a full day of pampering ahead! We started off the morning with a personalized hair and makeup application. I was so excited to show off my short bob haircut and clean face makeup in my headshots. Clay absolutely nailed my vision and completely captured my aesthetic. My favorite thing about his hair and makeup is that, even though I am more dolled up than usual, I still looked and felt like myself. In the pageant world it can be easy to fall into the trends and lose your individuality, but during the process of working with Clay, I was able to keep my own personal look and aesthetic while still riding on the edge of the pageant mold.



Once we were finished with hair and makeup it was time to pick out my wardrobe. I chose the 4 outfit package so we were able to have some fun variety! Clay’s assistant, Terri, went through all of the clothes and jewelry I brought with me to come up with the perfect combinations of striking looks. My style is very classic and clean, and once again, Clay and Terri chose the perfect outfits to match my brand.

After the hair was done, makeup was applied, and the wardrobe was picked out, it was time for the fun part! We made our way into the studio and I had my “Beyoncé Moment”. They even brought out a fan!



As a titleholder, you have times where you realize how special a moment and opportunity is. This was definitely one of those moments. This was one of those moments were it all sank in. I was in a beautiful photography studio, glammed up, with the crown on my head and all I could feel was gratitude. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to represent my state at the International Pageant in July but I am even more grateful to have the opportunity to dedicate an entire year to my platform and hopefully make a huge difference along the way. I am also grateful to all who have helped me reach this goal and so that I could have this “Beyoncé Epiphany Moment”. To my family, friends, directors, photographers, and Pringles, thank you for supporting me along this journey! This is truly a dream come true.



Have courage and always be kind.
Ava Hill
Miss North Dakota International 2019

Popular Posts