Photoshoot


On February 16th, the North Dakota International Queens had our official titleholder photoshoot! For me, the morning started off with a drive from Jamestown to Fargo and let's just say that the roads were less than admirable. However, we made it with plenty of time to spare! Time for Starbucks that is!
When I arrived on set, I was greeted by my lovely sister queens, fantastic directors, and our official hair and makeup sponsor, Jenna Spicer! We immediately started to get glam! Jenna is amazing, she knows exactly what to do to accentuate your features with both hair and makeup. I’m so thankful for her. Jenna if you’re reading, thank you for treating me like a real queen!
Meg and Janelle were so helpful during the photo shoot, too! They helped style me to look fabulous, and I did! Picking out my outfits is always a lot of fun, but I also love being styled by other people. It helps me recognize what other people may think that I would look good in even if that means wearing something I usually wouldn’t. Thanks Meg and Janelle for helping me look fabulosa!
Then it was my turn to be in front of the camera. It was a lot of fun taking my headshots, platform images, and photos for my ad page. Mabelle Photography knows exactly how to pose and shoot for specific shots and are extremely creative when it comes to portraying each of the titleholder’s platforms. I was extremely impressed and thought that my message came through very clearly in my photos.

Finally, we had our group photos! All the queens were in the same room at one time, it was crowded but it was worth it! Meg and Janelle had some awesome ideas for our group photos which included a session for every holiday. This included dressing up for Halloween, practicing our Irish jig, and celebrating the U.S of A! My favorite ones were the Easter photos, you’ll see them soon! Spending this time with my sister queens was lovely and I hope we can all get together like that again soon. We finished our photoshoot with the cover shot for the program book next year and let me tell you...it's going to be phenomenal.

Redefining Disability, Transforming Minds
Miss Teen North Dakota International 2019
MacKenzie Johnson

Popular Posts