Love Always


There is a scripture that is closest to my heart and it is: “Let all that you do be done in love.”   I Corinthians 16:14. It is near to my heart because God, the master of love, first loved us, and he wants us to love one another. “See what great love the Father has lavished on us…” I John 3.1. So, I thought this is THE scripture of my heart and it will be how I try to live every day and for the rest of my life. And, I want to encourage others to do everything they can to love.
The dictionary says that love as a noun (which is used to identify a person, place or thing) means to have a strong affection for one another, a warm attachment or enthusiasm and a benevolent concern for the good of another.  As a verb, love means to hold dear or cherish, to be passionate about, to adore or hold deep affection. A verb is used to describe an action or state.
A platform is something that a person chooses to be passionate about, spends time volunteering for or helps make better. There are many, many places in the world to give your time and energy to and bring about awareness. By promoting an idea or cause, positive things can happen! The North Dakota International Pageant System promotes volunteerism. Being Miss Pre Teen ND Intl 2019 lets me live out my platform in a bigger way and it makes me want to do more and more.


My platform is LOVE Always and it is my action plan.  

Love stands for:
Let all that you do be done in love. I Corinthians 16:14. This special verse of mine means having a mindset with love behind every action.
Offer gifts and talents through service to make others happy. This is how I want to make an impact.
Volunteer whenever you can! This can be as simple as holding a door open for someone or big such as a food drive. See the opportunity to assist.
Empower others by enriching their lives to create a better world. And, encourage others to join in.
Love Always means that I want to spread more kindness, joy, and happiness to everyone through love. When we love others, we become a better person and we contribute to the world. Love calls us to do more.
I chose my platform, LOVE Always, because we should: “Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.” Romans 12:9-10. I love doing things for others!
One of my biggest passions to “Love Always” is the Backpack Program. This program helps students get nutritious food that they need to eat on the weekends. This is sometimes the only meals that students get until they return to school. Without proper nutrition, students have a harder time learning and I want my classmates and other students to have the best opportunity to learn. We can show love to these students by giving them food for a weekend. In my community, they distribute over 1600 bags each week! Each bag contains enough basic food for the weekend. My film crew at school volunteered to pack meals and filmed the process. My goal is to show the film to my entire school. This will educate students who do not know about the program and will encourage more volunteering by young students. Hopefully more people will help with the backpack program or seek their own volunteer passions. I am aiming to volunteer each month during the school year.   


My platform of “Love Always” has opened up my eyes for so many more ways to spread love. I have volunteered with or supported many other organizations such as: Feed My Starving Children, Cookies for Cops, The Joy Project, the Ronald McDonald House, Kiwanis Pancake Karnival, Child Evangelism Fellowship, Down Home and many others. I am still developing the areas where I want to volunteer and how I want to make a difference. Each volunteer opportunity inspires me to do yet another thing.
But, one doesn’t have to spend a huge amount of time volunteering or take on some big project. We can love others when we listen, smile, hold a door for someone, call a friend, send flowers or many, many other things. I want to encourage you to do more volunteering and take even just a tiny bit of time out of your day to help someone out.
Whatever your passion, I encourage you to “Let all that you do be done in love” because you will make a difference in the world if you do!

Love Always,
Lilia Rexin
Miss Pre Teen North Dakota North Dakota International 2019

Popular Posts