Mrs. North Dakota International 2018 Farewell


It has been an honor to serve you all as Mrs. North Dakota International over the past year.  This year of service took me to 19 states, 1 country, 90 appearances, 400 volunteer hours, and many wonderful memories at each stop. 

In July of this past year, I had the privilege of being named first-runner up at Mrs. International.

Ronald McDonald House, this journey was for YOU!  18 years ago you change my life forever and I have never looked back. It is an honor to represent your organization as my international platform.

Meg and Janelle, our North Dakota International directors, and my International Pageant family, I simply cannot say thank you enough.  Your unwavering support throughout this entire journey, along with many laughs was more than I could ever imagine.

To all of my sponsors, thank you for helping me create the best version “me”.  And, thank you for reminding me to stay true to myself.  You all made me feel so beautiful on the inside and outside with your generosity.

North Dakota, I hope I made you proud.  My goal was to bring North Dakota back to the top and I wouldn’t have been able to do that without all the support you have given.

To my sister queens, thank you for the friendships and time together this past year. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

My family and friends: your calls, texts, emails and physical support you have given to me are unmatchable.  Without you all, I would not have been able to accomplish what I did. 

To my husband, Kelly, and my son, Bode I love you both so much.  You sacrificed so much so I could pursue my goals and dreams this year.  Thank you for being my rocks and my biggest cheerleaders no matter what.

Lastly, to God, I stood on this stage one year ago praying for the opportunity to start this journey.  Now, I stand here thanking you for every memory I was able to create these past 12 months. 

To my predecessor: stay humble, be kind, and remain true to who you are.  Remember the support you have from your International pageant family and North Dakota is phenomenal. 

Keeping Families Close,

Laura Schmidt
Mrs. North Dakota International 2018










Popular Posts