Meet your new Miss North Dakota International 2019…



 
“One day you finally new what you had to do and began…” Mary Oliver, The Journey

What a journey it has been to get to where I am today. Today I am standing here as a survivor, a boss lady, a woman on a mission, and now Miss North Dakota International 2019! I can not believe that in three short yet challenging years I went from girl waking up on a park bench after attempting to take her life to becoming the woman sitting here writing her story as Miss North Dakota International. I keep watching my crowning moment and reliving the night through pictures but it still seems so incredibly surreal. Though I still can’t believe that I am living my dream, I am excited beyond belief to begin this extraordinary journey.



As a suicide attempt survivor, I have made it my mission to raise awareness and advocate for suicide prevention across the nation. I am a world wide ambassador for The Peyton Heart Project and am the first ever ambassador to be from the state of North Dakota! As an ambassador I have been able to share my platform Hearts for Hope with over 3,000 students, scatter hearts in 11 states, meet with multiple North Dakota Mayors and Governor Doug Burgum, and personally make over 7,000 hearts that have been scattered around the world. As Miss North Dakota International 2019 I can’t wait to continue sharing Hearts for Hope across the state and nation. As an ambassador I have been able to prove that there are infinite reasons to live and as Miss ND Intl I can’t wait to prove how kindness can truly change this world!



I love my title as Miss North Dakota International, but my other favorite title is Coach. I am going on my 5th year as assistant coach for the Kindred Vikettes dance team. I was captain of this team in high school where we took home 12 state titles over my 5 year career. Now as a coach I have been a part of leading this team to multiple state and national titles. Many of my students I have taught since the age of 4 years old and it It has been an honor not only watch my students succeed as dancers but to watch them grow into powerful and confident young women.



As if I’m not already busy enough, I am also a business owner! I am a professional multimedia makeup artist and started Ava Hill Artistry at 19 years old after attending Faces Etc. of Minnesota. Since graduating I have had the opportunity to work of feature films. TV shows, commercials, and have received many awards along the way.  It isn’t always easy running a business but I take immense pride in being an educated artist who specializes in any medium from glam to gore.



In my free time (when I have it) I enjoy spending time with my family, cuddling with my cat Pringles, and binge watching Netflix (especially Supernatural.) You will never see me without a coffee in my hand or without high heels on and I never go anywhere without a book or two in my purse.



I am excited for my year as Miss North Dakota International and can’t wait for the journey ahead. I am eager to continue representing The Peyton Heart Project on a national level and to partner with American Heart Association: Go Red for Women.



“Have Courage and ALWAYS be kind.”

With love,
Ava Hill
Miss North Dakota International 2019


Popular Posts