Meet Mrs. North Dakota International 2019 - Jessie Aamodt

Where to begin, the longer you live the more story you have and I have never been short on words.  So here is my attempt at quick glimpse of my 42 year long life journey.

My story is similar to many girls from the rural Midwest.  I grew up in the country, miles away from the small little town I went to school in.  I have a hard-working Mom and Dad who loved me and gave me everything they could and more.  I had a great church family who cared about me and shaped the person I have become.  I graduated in a class of 65 kids, I knew everyone’s name and they knew mine.  I got to be anything I wanted to be, I was on student council, school paper, cheer team, in plays, went to all the games, church on Sunday and Wednesday and hung out at Hardees on a Friday night.

Ryan and I started dating when I was a senior in high school, we went to prom together and made plans to attend NDSU together.  We were engaged by the fall and married the next summer. We worked our tails off in college, earning honors upon graduation while working nearly full time.  We never thought we would get to stay in Fargo, but we both found job opportunities in our fields and have been here ever since. 

We welcomed our first son Brock into the world in 1999, we enjoyed him so much we welcomed our second son Carter a year and a half later.  We love being parents and work hard to always be a team.  Truth be told, Ryan gets all the credit for how well we work together in our marriage, as parents and everything else in our lives.  He keeps me grounded when my passion and drive want to pull me in 5 directions at once.  He keeps my focus on what is important and NEVER gives up on me.







We were blessed with our daughter Allison in 2005 and haven’t touched the ground much since.  My kids have been the center of my universe since they were born and as they have moved into teenagers and young adults I struggled with my role in life.









Right at the perfect time, God presents the opportunity, the challenge, the mission should you choose to accept it.  For me it was 2 things; The North Dakota International Pageant and Girl Scouts.  I had such an inner turmoil that I know I can’t explain it adequately right here, but I could not stay where I was, I had to move.  I ran all over the place trying to figure out who I was.  I felt like people often feel in their young adult life.  I tried to disqualify myself from what I knew God had put in my heart.  But no matter what I did, He did not give up on me and neither did my husband. Through the process of this struggle I found two places where MY unique, God-given talents and abilities could SHINE!  Where they were meant to shine brightly. 

Through Girl Scouts I found what makes my heart sing; building girls of courage, confidence and character who make the world a better place.  Through my journey to becoming Mrs. North Dakota International 2019 I found who I am and a place where God can use me, Jessie, with all her imperfections and flaws to make a difference in this world.

I invite you to ride this wave with me.  If you have the time and patience there will be many, many, words, pictures, videos that I hope will touch your heart and move you to where you are meant to shine brightly.  We were all made perfectly by God for a purpose, when you feel you don’t have one that is your heart longing to be moved to the right place.  I hope you can see that if I have a place where I can shine; the talk too much girl whose head is always spinning with a million thoughts; there is a perfect place for you too.  A place where you will feel fulfilled and purposeful and can leave your own legacy.

Let your light SHINE brightly,

Jessie Aamodt

Mrs. North Dakota International 2019




Popular Posts