Angelina says farewell...

When the crown was placed on my head exactly one year ago, I knew that my year would be different, but little did I know just how much my world would change and how I would grow for the better because of it. I have learned many things about myself, my community and my life’s purpose with this title. I believe God was the one who allowed me this opportunity and, in return, I made a choice to allow him to work through me to make a difference in the lives of others. Every appearance was unforgettable. It’s easy to recall the look on little girl’s faces when you walk into a room. You’ll always remember when a group of people sit silent, locking their eyes on you as you speak encouragement to them. I never imagined that a crown and sash could be so impactful, and I may never know the true extent of my impact. But from what I do know and from what I have seen, I am honored to have been able to serve so many people. I am a firm believer in embracing every moment and taking advantage of every opportunity because you never know what lies ahead. This year, that belief was truly put to the test when a change in my husband’s job brought us out of North Dakota to Missouri. What a life change this was! The fact that it happened during my reign was definitely bittersweet. It was sad at first, especially when I had to break the news to my directors. But, to my surprise, they did not see this as sad news at all. In fact, they celebrated the fact that my husband and I were following God’s call to continue ministry. In that moment, they reminded me of the true purpose of the journey. It’s not always about where you are, it’s about why you are there and what you are doing to make it meaningful. That’s when I remembered to take advantage of every moment. As different as this transition was, I can’t help but be filled with gratitude for the time I did have in North Dakota. Proverbs 17:9 talks about how we make our plans, but the Lord ultimately directs our steps. God knew exactly how much time I would have this year all and yet he allowed me to accomplish everything I was meant to. This year was beautiful in many ways. My advice to my successor is that you  will choose to enjoy the beauty in the expected and unexpected things that happen this year. Every journey is different, so make it your own, and take this moment to shine!

Popular Posts