Meet Your New Pre Teen North Dakota International 2018


Wow! Words cannot describe how wonderful the pageant weekend was. I am so excited to represent the wonderful state of North Dakota. Being a ND International titleholder is a dream come true. 

I am a 4th grader. I love math, science, art and reading. I have a lot of hobbies too. I love to draw. (Especially birds). In the summer I have a vegetable garden I share with my little brother. I have gotten a few grand champion ribbons at the county fair with my vegetables. My favorite is my flower garden. We have a lot of deer coming through our yard and I found out the hard way that I need to plant deer resistant flowers like Marigolds and Zinnias and other deer resistant plants.

I also love to play the piano. I have been playing since the first grade. I was able to play during the Christmas Eve service at church. I love to play the piano for people and I don't get nervous at all.

I am growing up on a farm. My entire family are farmers. Farming is a huge part of North Dakota and I'm proud to say that my family farms. My dad grows wheat, corn, soybeans, edible beans and edible peas.

I spend the summer weekends at the lake in MN. I absolutely love when my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins come to the lake. We have so much fun playing in the water and spending time together.

I am involved in 4-H. The club I am apart of won Club of the Year for 2017! We have a good time volunteering and getting our projects ready for the county fair.

I also take a dance class. I love to dance on stage when we have our big spring recital.

I have a younger brother named Charlie. He is 4 years younger than me but he is one of my best friends. We love to play Legos together. We have a Lego city in our basement that is huge. We have combined his Lego City with my Lego Friends and it works out perfectly.

An interesting fact about me is I designed my own evening gown and fun fashion for this pageant. My Grandma, mom, and I went to Minneapolis to a big fabric warehouse where I found "my dream fabric!" The hot pink dress with floral skirt you see is the dress I designed and my grandma sewed. I am so lucky and blessed to have a grandma that is able to do that for me.

Thank you for taking the time to read all about me. I am so excited for this year and I can't wait to serve North Dakota.

GIVING BACK WITH LOVE,
Jocelyn Birklid
Pre Teen North Dakota International 2018




Popular Posts