Oh Snap! Payton's Photoshoot Blog


“Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.” –Dr. Seuss.  It was finally photoshoot day!  The pictures from this day will be something I will treasure always. I know I will look back fondly with gratitude and appreciation for these moments preserved in time.
A few weeks ago, I had the amazing experience of having a photo shoot done with my sister queens.  I was such a fun day of glamor and pampering.  I arrived to West 13 Salon early, excited to have Janelle Finseth work her magic with my hair and make-up.  I stayed true to my “over plan it” self and brought a car load of clothing options.  I was a little worried Janelle thought I would be staying indefinitely!
Janelle used an every other direction curling technique on my hair that did wonders for the volume of my hair.  I think photographer, Ludvik Herrera’s comment was, “Wow, that’s a lot of hair!” Next was make up!  Janelle did a beautiful job maintaining the balance between glamor and age appropriate softness.  I felt like a princess by the time Janelle was finished with me!
Siam was just finishing up with her photoshoot when I was done with hair and make-up. She looked picture perfect as the centerpiece of a tulle creation, compliments of our directors, Meg and Janelle. Siam asked me to go on Snapchat at take a couple cute pictures for her snap story and without hesitating, I did. I remember thinking how calm Ludvik Herrera was.  He is so professional and easy to work with.
My photoshoot began with a royal blue dress and some headshot poses.  My “music note dress” was next on the agenda.  Janelle Finseth was never far away and so quick to make necessary adjustments to hair and make-up.  When I turned sixteen in July, my mom had found a music note balloon.  We decided that would be a great photoshoot prop.  It was so fun to incorporate some props that highlighted my platform.
Next up was a pose that had me laying on scattered pages of music.  Ludvik got the ladder and I got the giggles!  This pose was shot from above, in a pink dress.  There was literally a team of people primping and adjusting, while Ludvig waited patiently on the top of a ladder.  I was thinking that this set of pictures is either going to be amazing or laughable!
The last part of the day was dedicated to group photos, of the sister queens.  We shot what we were told would be the cover of the book for next year’s pageant in January.  We also had the opportunity to wear our adorable GO RED shirts given to us by The American Heart Association, our very generous sponsor. Another sponsor, Jewelry by Meda, provided beautiful jewelry for us to wear.  The heart necklace was the perfect addition to my GO RED t-shirt. 
The room was filled with excitement and laughter from beginning to end.  This was such a fun opportunity to make some memories with my sister queens and our directors.  I feel so fortunate to have had this amazing experience.  Thank you does not seem like it is enough to express my appreciation to Ludvig Herrera, Janelle Finseth, The American Heart Association, Jewelry by Meda, Meg Pulkrabek and Janelle Steinberg.  I feel so blessed to work with each of you!     
 Yours in Harmony, Payton Hausauer Miss Teen North Dakota International 2017







Popular Posts