Wiljar's Crowning Moment


Crowning Moment
When I was a little girl I’ve always wanted to be a princess! I think just about every little girl does at some point. To actually be 23 with a crown feels so surreal. I remember Saturday, the day before crowning, I was already made aware that I had won my title as North Dakota International Ambassador 2017. When I was told this, I couldn’t believe it!  I had put off this pageant for years and to finally push myself and say no more to excuses was the best thing I could have ever done. Sunday evening of January 15th, 2016 was suspenseful, it was the moment everyone had worked so hard for. It was through being crowned, I realized that everyone has a plan in life but God has an even greater plan for us. To see such a stunning jeweled crown being placed on my head was an honor. I couldn’t help myself but to think “Man, this crown is huge!” 
Though this crown that I was awarded is indeed beautiful and I take pride in wearing it every moment now. As a wise beautiful individual once told me, “do not let the crown wear you, you wear the crown.” It’s because of this I am learning how to approach people and help them focus on me as a whole and not just only based by what’s on top of my head.
 I have a special place for my crown and whenever I look at it I always seem to smile, for I remember that crowning moment as the beginning of a new chapter of my life. I couldn’t have done this without the support and guidance of Janelle, Meg, my family and my friends. It’s now been a month now since being crowned and I still remember like it was just yesterday. From attending fitness workshops to walking/stage presence workshops all of it paid off. Although it took me almost four years to finally jump in and do this, I wouldn’t have had it any other way. Despite me knowing in advance that I was awarded the crown I didn’t let that stop my focus. I remember feeling so nervous for answering my onstage questions, I kept repeating to myself! It was through this experience that I made new friends that I still keep in contact with till this very day.
 My crowning moment changed everything for the better. Life was good before the crown but now life is even better with it! I get to converse and meet new people from all walks of life to share my platform, help make a difference and represent the international pageant. At times I am often asked while doing appearances if my crown is heavy. My response now is that it feels that way after a while but it helps me stand tall, be more confident and go about my passion. So heavily worth it!
Wiljar Ojuro, North Dakota International Ambassador 2017




Popular Posts