“The Miss Pre Teen International Competition has established itself as an organization with integrity, high ethical standards, and consistent application of its rules and regulations. It is our goal to provide ladies everywhere the opportunity to compete in a pageant system that maintains the highest of moral values.”
Wow! This is a really amazing pageant system that I had the privilege of being a part of. You get the chance to be with other contestants who are positive role models and who learn from each other. They expect the best from you and so you want to be your best! Being crowned as Miss Pre Teen North Dakota International 2019 was thrilling and representing my state for an entire year and having wonderful sister queens is really, really cool. But, it got way cooler when I got to meet many more sister queens from all over the world at the international pageant in Charleston, West Virginia in July. What a fabulous experience! Let me tell you about it!
There is a lot of planning to be done before competing. We had to figure out what dresses and outfits I would wear, as well as shoes and jewelry, how to do makeup and style my hair. Mom even bought me a new purple suitcase so I looked classy arriving at the hotel. I learned tips on how to make my face as fabulous as could be with just the right amount of makeup. Mom learned how to give my hair volume and pretty curls to enhance my features. I had to complete my application for the pageant to showcase myself and also send in an official picture. I loved seeing myself online with all the other lovely contestants. It brought so much glamour! I couldn’t believe I got to be on the international website!
My family decided to drive to West Virginia so we could make a trip of it together and because I had so many items! My dad drove almost the entire way. I thought he earned the crown for sure because he drove many hours and kept our family safe.
When I arrived at the Marriott Hotel in West Virginia, I was so excited! I loved the “Welcome International Pageants” sign and the backdrop with the crown logo pattern where we often posed for pictures. Our first official event was checking in and meeting other contestants. I shared my platform by giving away autograph cards, my watercolor tag with my platform on and favorite scripture and reusable bags. I loved the creativity of all the pictures and gifts that I received from the other contestants. I’m so proud of everyone for creating platforms to help others. The first day included meeting the reigning pre teen queen, Madilyn, and the pageant director, Mary Richardson, who welcomed us. We had fun at the Meet and Greet with Pizza and then attended a fashion show. 


The second day included a lovely, lovely tea party and activities at the culture center where we learned etiquette and toured the museum. This day was also interview day where we met the judges and got the chance to tell about ourselves. The interviews were very fast but I thought that I did well.  The North Dakota International Ambassador 2019, Wanda Arnhalt, came to support the queens and prayed with us. What a generous and loving thing to do! Later, the pre teens had a group photo, fancy dinner and rehearsals. We had so much fun with the coordinator, Eddie. He made us feel great the whole time!                          


The next day was showtime! We rehearsed a lot so we would have a great production and our theme for wardrobe was Denim & Diamonds! This is what we all prepared for and I was happy the time was here. The pageant was great, I gave it my all and then it was fun to see who won the crown. Although it was some other girl’s destiny to win, I did take home so many positive things. I gained friendships, networking, experience, confidence, preparation and organization skills, incredible wardrobe selections and hair/makeup tips, extra time with people I really care about and most of all, precious memories. I also shared my platform with many others. My world has expanded and my life is better from this experience and it makes me want to do more. And, because we drove, I got to travel and see more of our beautiful country! Although I had a great trip, I felt happy when we reached North Dakota again because there is no place like home and I look forward to continuing my role representing this great state.   

Love Always,

Lilia Rexin
Miss Pre Teen North Dakota International 2019

Popular Posts