It's Fall Already!

                  “Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.” This quote is by Henry James. I remember as though it had been just yesterday when I was leaving for New York for the summer. While spending time with my family I traveled with my siblings. Leaving me to wonder where does the time go when we get older. This summer I drove to New Jersey for my little brothers’ game. He was attending his soccer tournament that he had been training of which he had been training for weeks.
 I often reminisce on the times I used to watch him play.  Christian playing soccer as a toddler, was always so quick on his feet.  I called him twinkle toes. This summer was the summer I realized that I must be willing to trust others. Even if they are 17 and just recently received their driving license. My brother Christopher, the recent High School graduate is now driving. I handed him the car keys while in New Jersey and had to trust him. I didn’t end up regretting it thankfully in the end. It was by doing this I saw him in a much mature light. Thinking just how time really does go by quickly.
This summer I was saying goodbye to my adolescent home that helped me thrive into adulthood. Helping my family pack up boxes into a 26ft moving truck. Shortly after driving it from New York to Georgia. Yes, that is correct I drove this truck by myself! Accompanying me was my Mum and my brother Christopher. This type of trip was rather interesting for two reasons. The first, I couldn’t believe the looks I would get when climbing out of the truck when stopping for fuel. Second, being in such close quarters will force you to eventually get over small stresses in your life.
                                                                                                                                                          
Though summer has now ended, I am back at school and ready to work harder than ever! Working three jobs and taking 14 credits this semester. I know this semester will be quite a journey, but I will make the most of it. Working as a Phlebotomist is a job and skill that I enjoy very much despite the risks. An office assistant at the Trio office at NDSU, where I will be working on new projects that will help me gain new experiences. Lastly, working at the Memorial Union Art Gallery. A job that is sure to continue to have me in awe with such beautiful masterpieces. With more volunteering work coming up, I am looking forward to meeting new faces, learning new things and enjoying life.
With fall creeping, just around the corner. I feel that it is important in this blog to share that life can be enjoyable, no matter the season. No matter if you’re with family, friends or even by yourself. One can still find enjoyable moments no matter the season. “In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.” Quoted by Albert Camus.
Carpe Diem, North Dakota International Ambassador 2017, Wiljar Ojuro








Popular Posts