Nationals Recap


“In the end, we only regret the chances we didn’t take, relationship we were afraid to have, and decisions we waited too long to make.”              -Anonymous
I am just catching my breath as a return from an opportunity of a lifetime.  Reflecting back on the experience of competing for the title of Miss Teen International, is a little surreal.  In many ways, I can hardly believe that the experience is now in the past. After all the planning and preparation, the week went by so quickly. I guess that is what happens when so much life experience gets packed into the same amazing week. My journey to nationals and my experience there is something I will treasure for a lifetime. 
Although I was disappointed that I did not place, I was very proud of how I competed in West Virginia.  I feel like every decision that I made, reflected who I am as a person.  I hope that I represented North Dakota, My Music Education Platform and myself well.  In the end, I believe the International Pageant crowned a very worthy Miss Teen International.  I was moved by her platform of Literally Literacy and I know she will accomplish great things. Congratulations to Carley Peeters, Miss Teen International!
I loved that we took time out of the week to do something positive in the community of Charleston!  The visits to the library and to the Boys and Girls Club, was time that I will never forget.  My heart was so full as we read to children and donated backpacks and school supplies. It was nice to have a reminder that what we do as state title representatives, is ultimately about service.   
The competition is just part of the process…Although I really enjoyed my time on the stage.  Some of my most memorable time was spent outside of that venue.  I will never forget the friendships that began out of 3:45 hair and make-up sessions. My take-aways here were: The higher the hair, the closer to God is a real thing!  Thank you, Emily, Miss Teen Texas!  The words “This is Tracy” is a pop culture phenomenon that spoken at just the right moment, will always get a laugh! I adore you Tracy, Miss Teen Washington! Finally, the song “It’s Expensive to Be Me” is a musical masterpiece at 4 o’clock in the morning.  To the ladies of room 818, thanks for the memories!   
I will be eternally grateful to my family and friends who supported me through this journey.  Thank you to my amazing North Dakota state directors for believing in me and supporting me in every possible way. I am the luckiest girl I know!
Yours In Harmony, Payton Hausauer Miss Teen North Dakota

Popular Posts