Looks Can Be Deceiving

There is an old saying that goes, “Don’t judge a book by its cover”. This quote came to life when someone made the comment, “You look like a million dollars,” while looking at my platform page. Honored, I thanked the person who complimented me but then started to think. In that moment in time while taking the picture for my platform page, I FELT like a million dollars, yet, I didn’t pay a dollar to look the way I did. It just proves that you do not need to be wealthy or spend a fortune to look beautiful. Jen Mauch, a former Mrs. North Dakota, allowed me to wear the beautiful Jovani in the photo-shoot that is seen on my platform page.  I had never worn such a beautiful dress that cost so much and I didn’t even have to pay a dollar. Without the help of Jen, sponsors, and other anonymous donations, I wouldn’t get to look or feel like a million dollars. I have been fortunate enough to have friends who are willing to borrow me dresses for nationals as well as finding a very inexpensive Sherri Hill on eBay. Without these donations and constant support, I would not be where I am today and I would not be able to do the things I do. Although I may look like a million dollars in a picture, does not mean I spent a million dollars to look that way.


Yours truly,

Madison Johnson

Miss Teen North Dakota International 2014 

Popular Posts