Prayer for Nationals!

I am on my way or almost.  On July 22nd, 2014 I will take my first step out the door and into a full week of competition, adventure, and excitement.  I don’t want to take one single step without the Lord.  I would love to have you praying for and with me as I go. 

Please pray:
1 – That everything I do will be done in and for the name of Jesus.
Colossians 3:17   And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

2 – That because of what others see in me, they would give glory to God.
Matthew 5:16  Let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

3 – That God’s will be done.
Jeremiah 29:11  For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

4 – That God handles all the details of the week. 
Matthew 6:25-30 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?  Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?  Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?  And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin.  Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.  If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you?”

5 – For my physical health and safety.
Proverbs 3:5-6  Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.  Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and turn away from evil. It will be healing to your body, and refreshment to your bones.

6 – For God’s protection and care over my family and children.
Psalm 127:3-5 Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him.   Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth.  Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.  They will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in court.

So there you have it… that’s a bit of God’s grace that I need for the week.  I am ready to walk with Him and for Him as I compete for the title of Mrs. International.  Pray for me as I go on this grand adventure.

Blessings
Janelle Steinberg, Mrs. North Dakota International 2014

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything,
 but in every situation, by prayer and petition,
with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Cross references:



Popular Posts