This month I want to tell you a little bit about my favorite people in the world… my family!

 

My dad’s name is Mark. He is truly the smartest man I know. He holds Doctorates in Finance, Entrepreneurial Finance, and Financial Econometrics; an Executive Doctorate in Artificial Intelligence (in process); Master’s Degrees in Finance, Investments, Business Research, History and an MBA; Bachelor’s Degree in Finance; plus a CFA, CMA and CFM. My little sister refers to him as “the scientist” and he is pretty handy to have around when I tackle my 6th grade math homework! In addition to his love of learning, my dad is a HUGE baseball fanatic. He has thousands and thousands of baseball cards in his collection, and buys/sells/trades with the biggest TOPPS collectors in the world. My favorite connection I have with my dad is our love for all things Star Wars and Marvel. We can watch every movie over and over together, talking about every single detail for hours. We do most of our talking when he’s driving me to all of my Water Works gigs. He’s the best.

 


My mom’s name is Jennifer. She and my dad have been married for 15 years. She graduated from Concordia College with degrees in English Literature, Advertising and Marketing. She was a vocal music scholar and sang with the Concordia Choir. Fun fact… She was the first female student manager of the choir! It’s no surprise to me that she helped manage the renown choir on two years of US tours. She is the most organized person I know and keeps our family running like a well-oiled machine. When she isn’t making lunches, getting us to and from school, driving us to activities, planning/volunteering/helping with every activity and event, and keeping our house in order, she is the marketing and communication brains behind Water Works. I refer to her as my “executive assistant”. J Water Works would definitely not be where it is today without her tireless support. My mom is definitely supermom.

 


Last, but not least, is my little sister, Sloane. Sloane just turned five years old. She starts kindergarten in the fall and is about to lose her very first tooth! She’s the light of my life. Sloane and I are seven years apart in age. When I was little I prayed so hard that God would bring me a baby sister or brother to love. When I was seven years old that prayer came true. And, not only did I get to hold my new baby sister for the first time, but I was also given the greatest honor of naming her, too. Of all the things I was made to do and accomplish in this world, I’m pretty sure big sister is at the top of that list!

 


My family is kind of a package deal. We enjoy being together all of the time. From family trips, to weekend getaways, to school activities and church, we are always there supporting each other and cheering one another on. They’re my favorite kind of people.  

 

~ Sawyer Anderson, Miss Pre Teen Flickertail State International 2021 

Popular Posts