Emily Brook's Photoshoot

 

My official photoshoot as Mrs. North Dakota International was an adventure! We headed west about four hours to Natural Impressions: Photography by Justine’s studio in Hazen, ND. My husband and I decided to stay over in Bismarck, which is close to Hazen, so we could relax and enjoy some dining out together during the trip.

 


                There were quite a few clothing options I brought with me to the photoshoot with Justine. I loved having both of my Pageant Directors, Janelle Steinberg and Jessie Aamodt, with me in the studio. They did an amazing job of helping me pick out my wardrobe for each look. From my earrings to my shoes, they gave their expert opinions. They smoothed my hair and helped make any adjustments needed during the photos. I told them that I wished everyone could have the same experience that made me feel like royalty.



 

                While taking the photos, Justine had some really great ideas for background, lighting, and posing. I enjoyed the way she made me feel comfortable in front of the camera. She turned on some great music, which of course led to dancing on my part. I love all of the different looks from my photoshoot, but my very favorite was the bonus photos at the end. Justine set up some lighting that came straight from above, which created a real contrast between the different elements in the photos. They turned out so artistic!



 

                Incorporating my platform into the photoshoot was really special for me as well. I wore a tank top with the American Mother Inc. logo that my mom bought for me when we attending our first AMI Convention together. There was another look that featured a gold sequin Mac Duggal gown. I held an American flag behind me in the background against a white backdrop. Justine was able to capture some really amazing photos of me twirling in the gown with the flag.



 

                One really meaningful experience I’ve had with my pageant involvement so far was getting to wear a very special gown for my official Mrs. North Dakota International. When I was 17, I competed in a pageant and wore the same gown. My on-stage question for the Mrs. North Dakota International Pageant was, “What have you learned about yourself through your involvement with this pageant?”  My answer spoke of how I’ve realized that it’s never too late to revisit a dream. It really made the whole moment come full circle for me.

 

                The whole experience of my photoshoot is something I’ll treasure throughout my life. I loved having my husband, Bill, with me as well to see the entire process. Looking at the photos brings me back to the moments they were being captured in the studio with Justine, Janelle, Jessie, and Bill. I’m thankful to the whole team of people that helped make the images picture perfect!


 

Sharing a mother’s love,

Emily Brooks

Mrs. North Dakota International 2021

Popular Posts