Mackenzie’s time at North Dakota Miss Amazing

 On May first I had the opportunity to volunteer at the very first North Dakota Miss Amazing Pageant! The North Dakota Miss Amazing Pageant provides girls and women with disabilities to “consider their goals, step outside of their comfort zone, and build networks of support.” I had so much fun meeting all of the contestants and helping them have a great pageant experience. 

I was in charge of the second interview room. Each contestant went to meet three judges in three different rooms for 5 minutes. My job was to introduce each of the contestants to the judges and then let them know when their time was done. I loved seeing each girl’s confidence grow over the course of the day. They all came out of the judge’s room with huge smiles and when I asked how it went one yelled, “Nailed it!” When the contestants were waiting their turn to go into the judge’s room, we had dance parties in the hallway! 

At the end of the day was the pageant! It was so amazing to see all of their passion projects! Passion projects are 90-second performances or presentations that show a hobby that the contestants are passionate about! Some danced, some sang, some recited poems, and there were many other different talents! I met so many new friends and I can’t wait for next year!



Popular Posts