Meet your new Miss ND International 2020

“All of our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” -Walt Disney
Strong, independent, and disabled. Those are three words I would use to describe myself. I am a part of the 1 in 8 who have a disability. I am partnering with Red River Valley Asperger-Autism Network to spread #DisabilitiesNotImpossibilities. Growing up without knowing of my learning disabilities until my freshman year of high school left me feeling defeated. Constantly comparing myself to others, asking why I can’t just be “normal,” and never telling anyone about my learning disabilities. Luckily, I had an amazing support group that showed me I’m more than just a disability.
With support I learned that I can be as intelligent as I could be, I just learn a different way. The support came from the support groups I was attending with my little brother who has autism. I learned about how to have the courage to do things just like everyone else. The empowerment I gained over the years pushed me to go to NDSU as a biology major and pledge to Alpha Gamma Delta. As time went on, I realized I want to work with people every day. I then got my license in skin aesthetics at The Salon Professional Academy in Fargo, ND. Now I’m loving what I am doing in my career.
I played hockey year-round all my life until I was 18. That year I was diagnosed with acute inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy (Guillain-Barre Syndrome). This left me paralyzed from the neck down for 2 months, doing treatments, going in and out of the hospital, and frequently going to Mayo Clinic. That didn’t stop me. I knew I was going to get better so there’s no reason to be sad that I was sick. Little did I know that one day because I got sick, she would be spreading Disabilities Not Impossibilities and become Miss North Dakota International 2020.


I cannot wait to make my state proud the year of my reign and beyond that. I am ready to spread empowerment on a national level. Showing that disabilities truly are not impossibilities.

Nothing is impossible,
LeAnne Brydl
Miss North Dakota International 2020





Popular Posts