BBQ Judging


Hello! I am so excited to tell you all about a super cool appearance I did!
As I have shared before, I am attending North Dakota State University and one morning while I was leaving class, my professor asked me if Miss North Dakota International would come to an event and be a judge- I of course said yes and to just email me the details! Little did I know what I had really signed up for!
                  To spare you the anticipation, I got to judge the North Dakota BBQ contest! How cool is that! Who wouldn’t want to eat BBQ all day long! I was pretty stoked about the opportunity!
                  There were about 20 other judges besides myself and about 30 or so groups of Barbequers that grilled up chicken, pulled pork, ribs, and brisket for the contest. You may ask how this was possible and we truly couldn’t take more than a bite or two of each sample in order to last till the last category! We judged each category by its look (presentation), its taste, and the tenderness of the meat. All very important aspects to a good tasting meal! Let me tell you, I had BBQ sauce all over my face, learned a lot about grilling meat, and got to take home any left over’s I wanted! I was eating ribs for a week straight!
                  After all the judging was done and the scores were being tallied, I walked around the campers where the barbequers and their families had been cooking since the night before preparing for the days contest! We took lots of pictures! Quickly the award ceremony came up and I got to pass out the awards/money and the GIANT grand champion trophy to the three time winner- Pigtamers BBQ! What an honor it was to be a part of such a fun and family oriented event here in Fargo! I am so proud of everyone that contributed their time and the Barbequing skills to such a fun event! I had an absolute blast! I can’t wait to go back next year!
Thanks again everyone for reading about one of my favorite events so far!



Your Miss North Dakota International 2016, Taylor Woodruff

Popular Posts