Abilities and Opportunities

Mrs. North Dakota International 2016 – Ashley Rae Klinger


Tis’ that time of year again! We’re heading into the Fallseason, which means it’s Back-to-School! I might not be one of the individuals heading back to the classroom, however, I can’t help but to reflect WAY back on my school days. Yes, WAY back! ;)

Back then, life was very different, yet in many ways, it was very similar. It was different in the sense that back in those days, I was still trying to figure out WHO I was, WHO I wanted to be and WHO I lived for. Where today, I whole-heartedly know the answers to those questions. I’m no longer trying to make sense of that part of my life. Yet, it’s similar in the sense that just like back then, today I still can’t predict the future. AlthoughI might know WHO I am, WHO I want to be, and WHO I live for now, I still don’t know what the future looks like or what it has in store for me. However, unlike back then, today I’m comfortable knowing that it’s not my job to figure it out. I’m simply meant to trust in the plan that God has for me, and to trust in tomorrow, because He’s already there. 

Now, with that being said, I can’t just sit back and expect my life to take shape on it’s own. Even though He has an ultimate plan for my life, it isn’t just going to happen. Because I’m apart of the plan He has for me, I’m the one who has to act on that plan. I still have to do my part to reach my fullest potential and to fulfill my purpose.

So, how do I take action if I don’t know, nor even understand at times, what the ultimate plan is? Well, there are a number of different ways, but one simple way is through abilities and opportunities. God provides each of us with many different abilities, also known as gifts, and it’s up to each of us to make the most out of those abilities/gifts by combining them with the many different opportunities around us, which are also provided for us by Him. It’s important to remember that some of those abilities and opportunities might not be as transparent as others, but they’re there, and through them His ultimate plan for our life will be fulfilled. It’s simply up to each of us to open up our hearts to Him and to trust in the plan that He has for us. We might not always see it, nor will we always understand it, but the good news is, that’s not our job.Our job is to simply recognize and appreciate our abilities/gifts and opportunities, and to seek comfort in knowing that although only He has all the answers, His plan will eventually be revealed if we devote our lives to combining our abilities/gifts and opportunities and making the most out of what He provides.


Ashley Rae Klinger
Mrs. North Dakota International 2016


“Making a difference in the lives of others, and leading by example for those around me, isn’t by hobby; it’s my Purpose!” ~ Ashley Rae Klinger

Popular Posts