What is International, anyway?

A bit about what you have seen on my head and the sash across my body. I am Mrs. North Dakota International 2015. Perhaps you have seen others or heard of pageants before, I would like to let you know a bit about the pageant system that I represent.



The Mrs. International System in short is a family affair. The International Pageant system has been developed to promote today's married women, their accomplishments, and commitment to family and marriage. Around the world women are finding this system to be the opportunity to work with their husband and family to become positive role models. Like most pageants each contestant competes in Interview Competition, which is valued for 50% of her overall score, Evening Gown, valued for 25% and Fitness Wear for 25%. What makes the International system different that other pageants is each contestant has the opportunity to select a platform of her choice that she spends the year promoting, volunteering and championing for. Their mission is to make a difference. And that is exactly what I wanted to do, why I entered and what I have been doing. I have been using my crown as a microphone to give a voice to create awareness of the importance of a simple pair of socks can make in the life of someone who is experiencing homelessness. I have been able to be successful in involving my family, husband and children in the work through The Joy Of Sox.



If this sounds like something that speaks to your heart I encourage you to take the first step in your own International Pageant journey and contact the North Dakota International Pageants directors. Believing in your own dreams is the first step to making them a reality.

Blessings,
Erin Bertel

Mrs. North Dakota International 

Popular Posts