Sawyer Anderson, Miss Preteen Flickertail State 2021, National's Experience

 A month ago I was in Kingsport, TN for the Miss Pre Teen International Pageant. I was a little overwhelmed heading into the pageant. My days were consumed with last-minute preparations, packing, and coaching sessions. Although I was feeling super prepared and excited, I was a little bit nervous about the unknown adventure that lay before me.




 Nerves completely took a backseat on my first full day in Kingsport. We started our day with check-in and meet & greet. I promised myself that I would soak up this entire experience, so I arrived armed with a stack full of Water Works books and a smile. I approached every single girl that came through those doors with a handshake and introduction and stayed until I had met every single one. We were all (mostly) strangers, but within minutes we were all friends… laughing, swapping phone numbers, and taking oodles of photos.



 The rest of the week was very much the same. I don’t miss the 4:30am a hair and makeup appointments, but I do miss being around a large group of girls my age who all share similar goals and passions. I imagine it’s much like going to summer camp. You arrive not knowing a single person, but leave with tears and some lifelong friends.



 A lot of people ask me how I did at Nationals or “if I won”. Although I wasn’t crowned Miss Pre Teen International 2021 (and let’s be honest… there is only one crown and 30 girls who all, in my opinion, deserved it in one way or another), I did “win”. I won when I decided to run for a state title back in September of 2020. I won when I competed for the state title and had never seen a pageant, never worn heels, and couldn’t walk the runway to save my life. I won when I received a state title and the chance to compete at nationals. I won when my parents invested everything in me to book and fund the trip, buy me LOADS of dresses, and run through endless amounts of interview questions with me every day. And the biggest way in which I’ve “won”? I have received the greatest platform to share my story and mission of Water Works with the world. For me, there is no bigger WIN than saving the lives of thousands of people.



 Sawyer Anderson, Miss Pre Teen Flickertail State International 2021 

Popular Posts