Jessie prepares to say farewell...

There are no happy endings, endings are always the saddest part, so just give me a happy middle and a very happy start. – Shel Silverstein


This is life, we learn and grow and move on.  This part of my life; this pageant journey has been one of the most spectacular legs of the race.  I have pushed myself far beyond what I thought I was capable of.  I have let myself dream bigger than I ever have in my life.  I learned to accept and love myself for who I am and there is a peace and a freedom there that I am grateful for. 


If I could choose what my year stood for and what you would remember about me as a titleholder it would be that each and every person has incredible value and with hard work each of us can see our dreams become reality.  Each person was made on purpose, for a purpose.  That by opening yourself up to all the possibilities, giving yourself the freedom to dream and allowing yourself to believe you are worthy of all of it, is how we were meant to live.  Learning to accept yourself and love all the parts of you not only frees you to follow your dreams but inspires and frees others to do the same.  Hard work wins every time.  Don’t be afraid to give it everything you have in you.  You are going to fail at times, even in the failure you are freeing yourself to try again.  Losing that fear of failure gives us what it takes to succeed.  When people see you give everything you have to give, fail and pick yourself up off the ground and run at it again; it inspires them to know that they can try too. 


My family has and always will be the greatest joy and love in my life. They have supported me in this journey in every possible way!  No one can do this on their own, you have to have the support of your family & friends.  A husband who makes your dream his dream and sacrifices to make that come true for you, children who use their talents to help you accomplish your goals, pageant directors and coaches that see the potential in you and never give up striving to help you succeed.  Sister queens who are there for you every step of the way. I thank God for these people and this opportunity He has brought into my life. THANK YOU is not adequate to express the gratitude in my heart for each of you and so many more friends I am blessed to have in my life.


I thank God for this opportunity and these people he has brought into my life.  How God has used this imperfect woman to accomplish His purposes is staggering to me.  I am so grateful and dependent upon him for the gifts He has given me and the continued opportunities to use them.


I told the judges in the interview room last year that if I was crowned I would hit the ground running, use every day to the best of my ability, wear out my crown and sash and make them proud to have chosen me to represent ND.  I am very proud to say I did that to the best of my ability.  Again, it is ONLY possible to run that hard when you have your family and a community of people around you who are supporting and encouraging you and THEY deserve just as much credit as I do for all I was able to accomplish.


I was able to make over 100 appearances!  I have been posting daily on social media and plan to complete all 372 of them about my year as Mrs. North Dakota International 2019 by the time I crown the 2020 Mrs. North Dakota International on Jan. 19th.


I developed my own Signature Girl Scout badge workshop and hosted those all year throughout North Dakota.  I partnered with Girl Scouts – Dakota Horizons and volunteered at several events and programs that further our mission to build girls of Courage, Confidence and Character.


With over 30 television and radio appearances throughout North Dakota I was able to promote my platform Building Strong Leaders.


I was able to go on a special missions trip to Nicaragua with the Steinberg family and my sister queen Ava where we both were able to share our platforms and our heart with the Nicaraguan people.


Through our partnership with the American Heart Association’s Go Red for Women Initiative we support their mission to empower women to take charge of their heart health.  I was able to participate in AHA walks, fundraisers, streets alive as well as use my expertise as a Registered Dietitian to present lectures on heart health.


I competed at the Mrs. International 2019 pageant, worked as hard as I could to prepare and represent North Dakota well.  


The North Dakota International pageant system is an amazing sisterhood where each woman’s successes are encouraged and celebrated.  I am forever grateful for my family, these women, this organization and the journey that doesn’t end tonight but has and will continue to enhance my life far beyond what I ever could have imagined.


Thank you with my whole heart!


Let your light SHINE brightly,


Jessie Aamodt


Mrs. North Dakota International 2019








Popular Posts