A Day in the Life of Miss Teen ND Intl


So many people ask me how I balance everything in my life, and I finally feel like I'm starting to get a good daily routine that I enjoy, so I thought that I would introduce a day in the life of me that way you can learn about what I do every day, and maybe incorporate some of these into your daily routine! Before I begin, though, I would like to state that this is just any old random Monday-Friday with no extra special plans put in. It’s just a basic daily life of me blog! Also- I'm in the process of transferring colleges so yes, packing will be involved! Let’s get into it, why don’t we?
My alarm rings at 8 am... every day...and I roll out of my bed (not literally because my bed is lofted) and sit at my vanity and get myself ready for the day. I find this time of the day super important because not only is it my time to relax and do something I love (my hair and makeup) it is also my time to prep myself for the day, set my goals and intentions, and put myself in a mood to attack the day. After I’m finished getting ready for the day, its usually around 9am, from here I walk to the dining center and eat a good breakfast. Then, I walk to my classes and start my day of school. My classes aren’t the most challenging, but also aren't the most intriguing, either. I can’t wait to get further into my degree, so my classes are more nursing specific! I have big breaks between my classes, but not long enough to have time to go to my dorm, so between classes I find myself being productive with homework, pageant requirements, recruiting, and (some) socializing. In fact, I’m writing this blog between my classes today!

I get done with class around 3pm, and when I get done, I make the trek back to my dorm. I do homework about 4 hours a day, but I split it up into chunks, so I don’t get so overwhelmed. I do the first chunk from 3-4pm and then I go to the gym! The gym is my favorite part of the day because I can push myself physically and relax my brain a little bit. When I feel like I did a solid job at the gym, I reward myself with a post workout shake from our campus Herbalife Distributers. It feels good to reward yourself for a job well done! From here, I’ll go back to my dorm, do some homework, shower, and eat supper, and study some more. I also do some social media work whilst on my computer in the evening, there’s always something to do or post as Miss Teen ND International, but it's fun!

Since I am in the process of transferring colleges, I am constantly in touch with my admissions counselor and preparing for my move back home! This has been one of the biggest challenges I have faced in my life, and I am excited and proud of myself for recognizing what I need and taking action! While I’m sad to be leaving my roommate and my friends at the University of North Dakota, I’m so excited to start my new chapter at the University of Jamestown. With this being said, I have to get all of my stuff out of my dorm and boy, I didn’t think I brought this much stuff until I started packing it up. Also, how am I going to carry my mini fridge down the stairs by myself? I have no idea.

Even though I live 2.5 hours away from my family (for now), each week I try to call my parents and my siblings, so they don’t forget about me! We usually end up talking for way too long, but it’s okay, I love and miss them! After I finish all my homework, I start my night routine! This involves washing my face, doing a facemask, painting my nails (only once a week, not every day), brushing my teeth and watching Disney + to wind down for the night. College can be stressful, especially if you don’t take time to relax and focus on yourself for a bit! I’m not perfect at destressing, but I do something for myself every night even if it’s just watching a movie and eating some candy! I encourage everyone to take at least 5 minutes out of their day to do something for themselves. Trust me, it makes a big difference in your self-worth and mental wellness. After I finish my night routine, I crawl into bed, and shut my nightstand light off. I know that with God all things are possible, so I go to sleep and dream of a better tomorrow!
As Always,
Redefining Disabilities and Transforming Minds
MacKenzie Johnson
Miss Teen North Dakota International 2019

Popular Posts