The Reason I Do What I Do


Summer has been amazing so far, but it has been going by too fast! I have been busy working nights and preparing for nationals. I attended our local ALS support group meeting in June and met some new people. I got to listen to their ALS story and hear about the hardships that they are experiencing in everyday life. I also attended the Fargo-Morehead Walk to Defeat ALS kickoff event. There was a small group this year, but we are all so excited to walk in August. When I attend ALS events, it gives me more and more drive to continue to raise funds and spread awareness about ALS. I know that I alone cannot raise enough money to find a cure for ALS, and that is why it is so important that we all come together to raise awareness and funds for ALS.   

I finally got to head home for a few days and spend time with my mom who I have missed so much! I talk to her every couple days on the phone, but it was great to finally spend quality time with her. She is the reason why I am doing everything that I am. I push myself harder every day because I know that I am helping her. About a month ago, I surprised my mom with a video that I made of her life that tells her story. She had absolutely no idea that I had been working on it for a couple months, and it was so amazing to see her reaction as I played the short movie for her. I have wanted to get it uploaded online, and recently my cousin was able to do that for me! Below I have posted the link where you can watch it. The video is very important to my family, and especially my mom and me because it tells her story and I am able to share it with others. I hope you enjoy it!

My advice this week is to remember to treat yourself. I know for me, I forget to take a break sometimes and just do something for me. I tend to get caught up helping others, which I absolutely love, but sometimes I really forget about myself. I know that it is okay to relax once in a while, go buy a gift for yourself or treat yourself to a manicure, pedicure, massage, or whatever it may be that helps you relax and reminds you of just how amazing and deserving you are!

HERE IS THE LINK! ENJOY!

038.JPG

Love always,
Miss North Dakota International
Erica Lemna

Popular Posts