Princess Sparkle & The Waterslide


This past week has been great! I have been busy preparing for nationals and my sister’s wedding! I have also been in contact with the National ALS Association this week, and they have posted the video of my mom on their facebook page and tweeted about it! So many people have watched it and made comments about it. It really makes me proud knowing that I am helping to inspire people and giving hope and faith to them. I am also helping the National ALS Association spread awareness about the ALS Registry. This is something that is fairly new, and we need everyone with ALS to register under it. The ALS Registry asks individuals with ALS certain questions about themselves and the information is compiled together so that researchers are able to find common risk factors that people with ALS have in common. It is so important because this will give us some answers to our questions of what are risk factors for ALS. I will be working more on spreading awareness about the ALS Registry coming up so I will keep you posted.

This week I also got to go to Hankinson, North Dakota and read Princess Sparkle and The Waterslide to the summer reading program. The kids were so much fun, and I had such a blast speaking with them and signing autograph cards. I even explained to them a little bit about my platform and what I have been doing since I was crowned. I hope that I inspired some of them, because I was inspired when I was younger. I was so blessed to be a guest at their program!

“I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles” –Audrey Hepburn



Popular Posts