Crowning Moments!!!


Happy Holidays!! I hope everyone is enjoying their time off from school and/or work. I know I’m super pumped to have a week off to enjoy with my family and friends. In case you don’t already know, my name is Olivia Naylor, and as of December 3rd I am your new Miss Teen ND International!! The feeling has finally started to sink in, and the initial shock has slowly worn off. That’s not to say that every emotion I felt that night can’t be recalled, because at any given time I can think back to that night and vividly remember my crowning moment. I was standing in a line at the front of the stage, along with eight other lovely ladies. I remember hearing the announcer reveal the first and second runners up, and then I remember hearing him announce contestant #4 as your new Miss Teen ND International. I looked around and no one was stepping forward... I then heard someone shout my name from the crowd and another person started ushering me to the front of the stage, where Emily, Stacy, and Shelle proceeded to pin a crown on my head. I was in complete and total shock. I could not believe what was happening. I remember looking out to the audience and locating my family. I could see them all, faces aglow, smiling up at me. I remember so many emotions overcoming me in that one moment. I literally felt as if I was in a dream. Along with those emotions came a sense of realization. It really hit me as I was standing on stage that here I was being handed not only a crown and sash but I was being handed an incredible opportunity to make a difference.

Now that you all have a little insight into what my crowning moment consisted of, I want to take the chance to tell you a little more about myself. I am the big sister to two awesome younger brothers, Logan (15) and Dylan (12). I am currently a senior in High School.  I am very involved in my school. I am a member in multiple clubs and just this past fall I finished up my senior volleyball season. One thing you should know about me is that I like to keep busy; too much free time makes me antsy. This being said, I am so excited to start my duties as Miss Teen ND International. I have no doubt in my mind that this upcoming year is going to be life-changing and I am so blessed to have been given the opportunity to represent the state of ND. I have never felt more ready for something in my life, and I am so anxious to start this new chapter.

I will leave you all with a little saying that seems to coincide well with the holiday season. "This is my wish for you: peace of mind, prosperity through the year, happiness that multiplies, health for you and yours, fun around every corner, energy to chase your dreams, joy to fill your holidays!"

Happy Holidays
Olivia Naylor

Popular Posts