My Crowning Moment - Mackenzie Fuller, Miss Teen ND Intl 2021

 


“Your new Miss Teen North Dakota International 2021 is…. Mackenzie Fuller!”


Those were the words that have changed my life. I have always loved watching pageants, but one thing that I never understood is why the winners would cry? Well, when my name was called, the tears started flowing. That is the moment I realized why they would cry. All the hard work you have put in paid off. The numerous hours you have spent working on your platform has paid off. All of the hours of practicing your platform statement has paid off. I walked through the middle of the runway and met the previous titleholder, Stella Kaster, and she smiled at me and said “You did it!” “You did it!”... Even now, writing this, it still feels like it is still a dream.

I remember looking at the crowd after being crowned and seeing the table my family was at. They are the reason that I am where I am today. They have always been my biggest supporters in challenge or in success. They were all smiling at me and I could see the joy radiating off of their faces. I looked at my mom and she mouthed “You did it, Kenzie!” I will forever be grateful for their support throughout my journey. Then I looked over at one of my best friends, Micah Schlittenhardt, who came to watch. She has been so amazing throughout my pageant journey, whether it was doing mock-interviews, sending encouraging thoughts, or just being there when I needed someone to talk to. What a blessing it has been to have so much support!

As soon as the pageant was over, I went to find my fellow teen contestants and I gave them each a giant hug. One of the things I love most about being in pageantry is the sisterhood. Throughout the weekend I gained so many friendships that I will treasure forever. The people that I have met through pageantry are some of the most supportive, caring, and sweetest people ever.

I started competing in pageants because it would be fun; little did I know that there is so much more that I have gained through competing. I have gained public speaking abilities, confidence, and friendships that will last a lifetime.


-Changing the world, one act of kindness at a time, 

Mackenzie Fuller, Miss Teen North Dakota International 2021


Popular Posts