Sawyer's Crowning Moment

 

My crowning moment this past January might sound a little different than most. Although I love the pretty, sparkly crown that was placed atop of my head, that’s not the moment I will remember the most.

 


I am what most might call a “fish out of water”. I am brand new to the pageant world. I knew absolutely zero about pageants before entering the 2021 competition. My mom and I did hours and hours of research after I decided to take the plunge. I had never seen a pageant (other than snips of the really bad reality TV shows) and had no idea what to expect. And, thanks to Covid, the only preparation I had beforehand was via Zoom courses.

 


If you read my first blog or know a little bit about me, you will know that I’m a strong advocate for bringing safe, clean water to people in the world who live without it. It’s my mission. It’s my passion. When I heard that the North Dakota International Pageants competition was focused on platform/making a difference… I was immediately sold! Although I knew absolutely nothing about the pageant world, I did know a whole lot about the world, and how important it is to make a difference, and that was enough for me. I knew I could work hard to learn all the rest.

 

So what was my “crowning moment” you might ask? It was the moment I told my parents, without hesitation, that I was up for the challenge of a pageant. It was the moment I stepped foot into the pageant venue on competition weekend… into the complete unknown. It was the first time I stepped onto the stage and tried walking in heels – which had never graced my feet before that weekend. It was when I found myself cheering more for others when they celebrated a victory because I knew regardless of my outcome, I was already a winner.

 


~ Sawyer Anderson, Miss Pre Teen Flickertail State International 2021 

Popular Posts