Hi. My name is Medora Rambousek and I am your new Miss Preteen Prairie Rose International 2021. I am a 5th grader at Trinity Elementary School in Dickinson. I am a member of Western Edge Gymnastics’ level 4 competition team. I’ve been in gymnastics for 7 years already! I also study the Cecchetti method of classical ballet and am learning to play piano, bells (xylophone), and snare drum. Those activities are new to me in 2020. In my spare time, I like to watch my favorite tv show – Friends and play games with my family. In the summer I like to ride bike and electric scooter. It helps me get my extra energy out.



My platform is called Free to be Me and it is all about living my life with ADHD. I was diagnosed with ADHD in November 2020 and I had no clue what it was. I knew right away that it was my mission to learn about it and share it with the world because not every kid with ADHD is as lucky as I am. My mom is a teacher, so she saw it fairly early in my life. But she also knows that there is a stigma. People get labeled and then they feel bad about themselves. That’s why she waited to have me tested until we needed to change something. Until then, my family and teachers were just extra patient with me. In middle school, I have to learn how to meet a deadline, so managing my ADHD needed a change. For me, that is medicine and behavior therapy, which needed an official diagnosis.



With a little bit of research, I now know that ADHD is just a different way of experiencing the world. I know it is ok, and that I am not alone. Many people have ADHD. Successful people. Famous people.



People with ADHD can hyper-focus, which is kind of like a superpower! Once we find something we get want to do, it is difficult for us to stop. This is how I learned so much about ADHD in such a short time. I’ve become like a mini-brain scientist. I have learned that many people with ADHD are super creative, funny, compassionate, and inclusive. We are great problem solvers because we have to be thinking of new ways to overcome our challenges.


I want to teach people what ADHD is and how they can cope with it. We should not feel like we need to hide it. Because guess what? The people around us probably already know.





Popular Posts