"You Matter" Event on May 11th


With May quickly approaching I have begun to plan my upcoming appearances. I want to invite everyone to join us for an event held on May 11 hosted by Sara Dukart, Mrs. Great Plains International 2017. Sara created "You Matter" as an educational social to raise money to donate to the North Dakota Chapter of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. Sara and I both share a passion for suicide prevention and awareness. "You Matter" will feature several guest speakers, including myself, where we will touch on subjects on mental health, physical health, and suicide. I am honored to have been invited to speak at this event. We will also have a special guest amongst us, the current Mrs. International 2017 - Priscilla Pruitt! How cool?!

Sara and I met in late 2016, while volunteering for the Salvation Army as a bell ringer for the holidays. We began speaking about the upcoming state pageant, and she began to ask questions about my platform, school, and really showed an interest in my life. I told Sara I was attending North Dakota State University for nursing, and she mentioned she worked for a local hospital as a nurse. We had a lot in common with all of our life interests. I told her that I planned on having my platform related to suicide prevention and awareness, and little did I know this was her passion as well. Sara has a very touching life experience with suicide, and once I shared my story I knew this pageant system was setting me up with such great and influential people.
My favorite thing about Sara is how caring and inviting she is. During this entire pageant journey, Sara has invited me to join in appearances, and has kept me up to date with events in the American Foundation of Suicide Prevention. Sara took an interest in myself that afternoon, and that really allowed me to find confidence in my platform and show that I am really making a difference.
I urge you, if you find yourself with time on May 11, to come to Dakota Medical Foundation to listen to so many inspiring individuals and educate yourself with mental and physical health.

Yours truly,

Siam Simpfenderfer
 Miss North Dakota International 2017

Popular Posts