Clara Seckerson's Platform is the Golden Rule

 

Hi, I am Miss PreTeen North Dakota International 2021, Clara Seckerson. Today I am going to talk about my platform. My platform is “The Golden Rule”. It stands for “treat others the way you want to be treated”. I want to spread the word of being kind. The reason this is my platform is that I was bullied a lot and I hated it so much. When I was younger I had acne, which isn’t very weird now but back then everybody thought I was weird. I also got bullied because of my body shape. I have a very lien body and nobody else had that. It shouldn't matter how you look, nobody should ever get bullied. Everybody has thought of something bad about someone else, how to handle this is to not say that hurtful thing to a person. Instead, say something that is kind and will encourage them to say something nice to somebody else.

 

If you bully someone every time you say something hurtful or mean they lose self-confidence. If you have a piece of paper as somebody's heart, and you say hurtful things to the piece of paper it will crumble up. If you say kind things to the crumpled up piece of paper it will open up. But, the piece of paper will never be the same. Nobody can ever truly heal from being bullied. So, just don’t bully, if people start to be kinder it would make a big impact on your community, and then soon hopefully the world.

 

In my class, there’s this boy who gets laughed at and pushed around for no reason, and I hate that. Some people I even call my friends say hurtful things to him. I am actually very good friends with this boy, ever since he came to my school I have always treated him with kind words and tried to make him happy. I think I have succeeded at this because now he smiles, and it makes me so happy to count him as one of my best friends. We also have a song we sing every time we see each other. My brother has CHARGE syndrome, and I would hate to see him get made fun of. That’s why I am trying to spread my platform and positivity. I hope you will join me in my journey of spreading “The Golden Rule”.

 

                     When somebody asks me what “The Golden Rule” stands for I tell

them it stands for,


 G- Give someone a smile

 O- Offer a helping hand

 L- Laugh with someone, not at someone 

 D- Do one act of kindness everyday

 E- Encourage others to be kind

 N- Never speak unkindly

 

So, the next time you think of “The Golden Rule” try and think of all

these things that you can do to brighten up someone's day!


 

Popular Posts