MY CROWNING MOMENT



Just over 2 months ago I was crowned Miss Pre Teen North Dakota International 2020, and I am still in awe.

When pageant weekend came, I felt unprepared and a little bit like I was drowning in emotions.  In true North Dakota fashion it was storming out and we weren’t certain that we would be able to arrive safely.

I was excited when we finally made it to the hotel, because I got to skip half a day of school on Friday in order to arrive and take some quiet time to prepare. I was practically jumping off the walls with anticipation of what was to come.

I wanted to stay up all Friday night and watch television, but I couldn’t because it was going to be a very busy and full weekend.  Saturday morning came and I was kind of freaking out, not knowing what to expect. Luckily, I saw a lot of familiar faces which gave me strength. It was scary and intriguing at the same time, as we headed into our personal interviews, but it was a great experience and the judges were very kind.

Sunday morning came early with a big bang at 5am to get myself ready for hair and makeup. Once I got to the pageant location, we started to practice for the actual event that night, and I could feel the excitement again. Later in the afternoon when I was getting my hair touched up for our opening number, the butterflies started to come. As I walked on the stage and the pageant began, I felt so completely confident in who I was, it was amazing. One of my favorite parts of the weekend was getting to share about my LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE platform and seeing everyone’s dresses, but the most special part of all, was getting to have my dad Crown Me Miss Pre Teen North Dakota International!

Remember to always LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE
Miss Pre Teen North Dakota international 2020
Ashley Haas



Popular Posts