Sawyer Anderson Does Fall Right!

 


It’s officially fall, y’all! My favorite time of year. I’m not a super outdoorsy girl. The summer is too warm. The winter? Too cold. Spring is too rainy and unpredictable. But fall? I can do fall.


 

I went to the pumpkin patch with my mom and sister today. We were able to walk around comfortably in jeans and a tee while sipping cups of coffee/hot chocolate/cider. And pumpkins. Did I mention all of the pumpkins? As you know, I love art, and decorating pumpkins is my jam. Every year we decorate, paint and carve a ton. My mom also bakes the pumpkin seeds for a yummy snack.

 


Fall is also the start of school and the activities season. This year I am a 7th grader at Oak Grove Lutheran School in Fargo, ND. I am currently finishing up my volleyball season. Our team is really great this year. Thankfully, I get to experience a second volleyball season in the spring! Basketball is right around the corner for me, with practices starting in two weeks. I practiced hard over the summer, attending weekly open gyms and camps. I hope all of the preparation helped! A couple weeks ago I auditioned for our all-school musical happening this winter. We will be performing Sound of Music in December, with practices already underway. I’m working hard on my yodel. ;)  In addition to all of this fun, I also started a new year of competitive dance. This year I am on six competitive teams, including… contemporary/jazz, kick, hip hop, lyrical, musical theatre,


and Christian contemporary. I also throw in weekly pointe and technique classes so I don’t get too bored. J

 


Nestled into all of the great fall activities is one of my very favorite holidays. Halloween. I am known for my love of dressing in costume. I have been in love with costumes since I could walk. Every Halloween consists of at least three costumes for me. I would NEVER get caught wearing the same costume twice! Plus, I have so many ideas for costumes that I need to wear that many because I simply cannot decide on just one! Stay tuned for Halloween week. I can’t wait for you to see what I have up my sleeve…



Sawyer Anderson, Miss Pre Teen Flickertail State International 2021



Popular Posts