Let Me Introduce Myself

                Let me introduce myself. I’m your Mrs. North Dakota International 2021, Emily Brooks, and I am very excited for the year ahead! So a little about me… My husband, Bill IV and I met at the University of North Dakota and were college sweethearts. We moved to Fargo after school and started our family. Our son, Bill V, is a sophomore in high school, and our daughter, Alice, is a 4th grader. We have a furry little friend named Spark, who is a whole lot of personality packed into one adorable bunny.



                I’m an artist. In 2012, I started my creative business, Taea Made, and have had the pleasure of creating pieces for thousands of customers. I specialize in creative machine embroidery, upcycling, and mural painting. I get the chance to reflect on my family’s adventures around the world through my monthly travel articles for Creek Living Magazine, and I also maintain a travel blog, Fly Away Fargo. I work as Director of Marketing for Fargo Pinball, which I co-own with my husband and brother-in-law.

Mural by Emily Brooks for The Nines in Detroit Lakes.



                My family’s passion is travel. We’ve had the opportunity to visit 6 out of the 7 world continents together. In 2019, we took the trip of a lifetime and completed an entire lap around the world in 3 weeks. A few of the highlights were: Vivid Light Show in Sydney, Australia, swimming in the rooftop pool at the Marina Bay Sands in Singapore, and attending an outdoor Mass at the holy site in Fatima, Portugal.

My family on a traditional camel ride through the desert in Morocco.

                My platform is American Mothers Inc. (AMI). In 2018, I was honored with the North Dakota Mother of the Year title by AMI for my contributions to my community. Since then, I’ve gotten greatly involved with this amazing organization with roots dating back to the 1930s. I currently serve AMI on the Board of Directors, Executive Committee, North Dakota Chapter President, and planning committee for AMI’s participation in the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women.

American Mothers Inc. at our nation's Capitol Building in Washington DC.

 

                For the past two years, I’ve worked to build a local chapter of AMI in North Dakota. Last fall, our ND Chapter of AMI received our official Charter for meeting all of the national requirements. It’s such a blessing to join with other amazing women in North Dakota to do good works together. In the short amount of time that we’ve been volunteering as a group, our Chapter has: helped clients select groceries at the Emergency Food Pantry, packed food for Feed My Starving Children, held a book drive for Little Free Libraries, collected clothing to benefit the Foster Community, written Hope Notes for the North Dakota Boys & Girls Ranch, supplied a birthday party for Box of Balloons baked and delivered Valentine's cookies to our local first responders, and helped set up and decorated for several fundraisers benefitting local non-profits.

 

ND AMI Chapter delivery of homemade cookies to show appreciation for our local first responders on Valentine's Day.

                I believe each day of my life is a new adventure and I keep expectancy for amazing possibilities to happen. I’m currently in the process of writing a book entitled, “Spark: Igniting Joy in Your Life.” It outlines the 40 life principles I used to overcome postpartum depression and live each day in joy. My hope is to help others discover everlasting happiness through living their best life!

 

Love,

Emily Brooks

Mrs. North Dakota International 2021

 

Further resources:

 

www.taeamade.com

www.americanmothers.org

www.flyawayfargo.com

www.fargopinball.com

https://www.facebook.com/aminorthdakota

Popular Posts