Crowning Moment Blog

Three years. I waited three years to hear my name called. My work has paid off and I wouldn’t have it any other way. My mom always says “never, ever give up.” Since it took me a few years, I was able to learn many things that I never would’ve if it didn’t go that way. I also grew more than I ever thought i could. I have done many hours of community work, made countless relationships, and learned an insurmountable number of life lessons. It all came flooding back to me within that moment. 


I have always imagined what hearing my name would be like, but nothing could compare to what it actually felt like. I was in shock. I felt like I was dreaming, like I had somehow slowed down as everything else sped up. My sister queens hugged me and I didn’t even realize until they let go! 

All of a sudden, I felt a burst of passion be released. I have built it up for years and I was ready to let it out! I felt the arms of heaven embrace me and my brother yell,” that’s my sister!!!” which is something I say at least once an event of his. 


I walked forward and was first given my sash by an International queen. It was an honor. I hugged Wanda and Lilia, thanking them for their love. Finally, miss Mackenzie came out. I was so excited. I bent down for my crown and thanked God for carrying me all the way. He had given me a story that needed to be shared and more life lessons than a seventeen year old should have! So come along with me on this journey! Who knows, maybe you’ll learn a little something too!

Finding the Gold,
     Stella Kaster

Popular Posts