The People



“I meet people and they become chapters in my stories.”          ― Avijeet Das
My story has an amazing chapter this past year of being crowned a queen in a pageant! Because of this journey, I have met some awesome people that I may have never met. They have been people that I have learned from, volunteered with and grown to love. They bring me so much joy and I will forever have great memories from this chapter of life!

Avis! I found the most beautiful volunteer experience at Hope Blooms. This is the best place to feel so pretty when you volunteer! They create bouquets given from weddings, events and memorial services and deliver them to nursing homes, seniors who are home bound, persons in hospice or with illnesses, and various other people or groups. This is just to spread joy to those receiving. When I have been there, I have met some wonderful people! But, one special person is Avis! She is like the bright sunshine that can light up the room every time. I love her friendly personality and everything about her! She has a kind and caring heart because she volunteers and gives so much. She shares God’s love with others and makes a difference. I told her that our pageant hair and makeup person is Jenna Spicer and Avis gets her hair done at Jenna’s salon!  When I went to have my hair styled once, Avis left me a present! She gave me some gorgeous vintage jewelry because she knew that I wanted some accessories for my pageant attire. I was so excited!!! But, I am just simply excited that she is my friend. I love her.        



Nick! I love to go to parades and see all the fun floats and grab the candy. It’s great! So, being a queen gave me a reason to be in a parade! But, I needed some wheels. My mom thought about our neighbor, Nick, who might have a convertible. She didn’t know him very well but dared to ask! Well, it ended up that the Lord gave her that perfect idea! Nick has ALWAYS wanted to be in a parade!!! He got so excited to be asked. But, he ended up having car problems! However, Nick has a friend that loaned his awesome Corvette so this girl could be in a parade. WOW! I was shocked that someone would be so generous and he didn’t even know me!!! We had a GREAT time at the parade. It was a total blast and Nick was the perfect person to be with because he did so much to make sure the car was ready and all the details were taken care of. During the parade, we ran out of the candy toward the end and he joked about throwing things from the car out. Ha, ha, ha!!! It was totally awesome! I will never forget his giving heart and fun side!
                                             



Moe! Moe is the coolest guy and he is a cook at the New Life Center. This center helps men move from homelessness to being healthy and fulfilled. Their aim is “transforming lives through the love of Christ.” They want people to thrive. They encourage volunteers to make a difference by being present with a smile, serving meals or helping with projects to support their philosophy of value and hope. I had volunteered here before but this time, I met Moe! I could immediately tell that Moe is where God wants him to be and was helping others. Moe told us some of his life story and some choices that led to difficulty. But, he said he became a Christian a few years ago and made choices for a better future. He has so much wisdom from his experiences and I loved hearing his positivity about his future and he has a great sense of humor. Moe has so much power in who he is that I know he is helping so many others.  God has great things in store for his life!
                                        

Jared! In June, I got to sail on the Jesus Freak Cruise featuring the band DC Talk. I was able to take a mission excursion in Nassau, Bahamas.  Once there, I got to meet Jared who is a speed painter! He uses “visual worship” to create and to share God’s love. He painted pieces on the cruise but he also painted a picture of Jesus at The Great Commission which helps feed and clothe those who need it and also provides them services. I not only got to watch him paint on the trip, I got to meet him and talk about how art inspires him and how he uses it to share his faith. I admired his work so much and how passionate he is about it because I also love painting. He inspires me to love others with my artwork.                                                
                                             
 

These are just a FEW of the amazing people that God has brought into my life this far because I have been in the ND International Pageants.  I am blessed by their influence on my life in this amazing chapter. They inspire me and my heart is happy!

Love Always,
Lilia Rexin
Miss Pre Teen North Dakota International

 es from Him,

Popular Posts