Farewell - Miss Teen ND International 2019



Wow! What can I say, this year was an absolute journey. I am so honored to have served as your Miss Teen North Dakota International 2019. I have had so much fun serving my state and those I advocate for through my platform This Ability Not Disability. However, this year would not have been possible without a tribe of people by my side, I’m so thankful for all of you!
First, I’d like to thank my fellow 2019 queens (Jessie, Ava, Wanda, Lilia, Olivia, and Jocelyn). Thank you, ladies, for always pushing me to be the best representative I can be for our great state and always stopping to fix each other's crowns. You have helped shape my year and who I have become throughout the past 12 months. One of my favorite pictures of my reign was after finals when we all took a group photo (and I’m sprawled out in my evening gown on the stage floor) with all of you behind me. I look at that photo and I see family! I’m so thankful for you all!
Of course, I need to thank my mom (Amee), dad (Spencer), brother (Jordan) and my sister (Kaycee) for always being my number one cheering section no matter where I was in the state or in the country. I traveled a lot this year and I wouldn’t have been able to accomplish as many of my goals as I did without you. I am always overwhelmed with your love and support.
To those who helped me stay pageant ready for the whole year, thank you! Ashley Rae, Jenna Spicer and countless other sponsors have ensured that I’m always ready to pop the crown on and make a difference! Thank you, Ashley, for your open phone line and kind advice and coaching. I would not have been as successful at nationals if it wasn’t for you! Jenna, if you don’t know I’m thankful for you by now, I must not be doing something right! You are the most generous person on this planet. For those of you who don’t know Jenna, she is the kind of person who would give her time (day or night) to make sure you feel confident and fabulous. She blow dried my hair almost every night after long rehearsals and appearances (10pm or later) and then would be up by 5:30 to do it all over again. You are a gift straight from heaven!
Meg and Janelle. It is so hard for me to gather words that describe how much you mean to me. You both have opened my eyes to how much of a difference you can make as a titleholder and have encouraged me to change the lives of others through my reign. I’m so blessed to be a part of the North Dakota International Pageant Family and will forever be grateful for the opportunities and guidance you have provided for me and my sister queens for the entire year. You have become a huge part of my life and I don’t quite know how I'll cope without you! I look forward to helping where I can in future years to support NDIP. Thank you both for all you do!
As most of you know, I had the awesome opportunity to compete in the top 10 (finals night) at the Teen International Pageant! This was an awesome experience that I will cherish forever. However, I want to remind you that I did not compete for my own personal gains, I competed to give the best representation of my platform and those I represent. I have had the opportunity all year long to give a voice to those who literally do not have one. The highlight of my year was sharing my platform statement on the international stage. Because of those thirty seconds, I walked away from national pageant that I had made a difference in the lives of those I advocate for and in my own life.



Thank you, North Dakota, for allowing me to serve as your Miss Teen North Dakota International 2019! I have had a crazy year, but nothing but the best has come from it. I am so proud to say I am part of North Dakota International Pageants and I will continue to support my platform throughout my life. I want to leave you with a quote that has guided my entire reign and that quote is by Mark Twain, “Kindness is the language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see.”



For the last time,
Redefining Disability and Transforming Minds
Miss Teen North Dakota International 2019
MacKenzie Johnson

Popular Posts