Thanksgiving/Back-to-School/Fall


All the seasons of the year are special in their own way but autumn is the one that teaches us that change can be very, very beautiful!
There are so many reasons why I love this time of the year:
Nature is in a lovely transforming season. I see beauty everywhere when I look at nature because I love what it shows me it can do. It changes beautifully when I watch the leaves slowly turn color. I enjoy seeing the pretty green leaves turn into rich shades of yellow, orange, red and burgundy. Even though each season has its own artistry, I see the most beauty in the fall because all the colors are so powerful and vibrant. It is as if God were painting a colorful masterpiece that was exploding with energy! Sunflower fields remind me of the summer happiness changing into the bountiful harvest. 


School starts for the year and it is always a fresh start to learning after having a relaxing break. And, I get excited to learn different things each year. I get to see friends everyday and I enjoy being with my classmates and teachers. But, coming back to school was a bit different this year because now I am a middle school student. I am still located in an elementary school because there are so many students that they are building a new middle school and it’s not ready yet! It is a big change to go from class to class but I love the variety!! I feel special to be in Advanced Math class and I love math so that helps a lot!!! Orchestra is new to me and I selected the cello because of its beautiful sound. I have made some new friends and I am happy even though there is more homework!!! These changes allow me to learn and grow as a student. Each year I get to do really creative things and I have some great memories of fall activities. I love when my parents could come and help.              



Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and my family usually finds some of the wonderful fall activities that our community has each year. We usually get to do several activities because different churches, colleges and groups host trick or treating or fall festivals. We go to different pumpkin patches and corn mazes. One pumpkin patch even had a pumpkin cannon! I love seeing the ground filled with different shapes and sizes of pumpkins. I have fun carving pumpkins although it is very messy! But, the seeds taste so good when we bake them with sugar and spices. Thinking of a creative Halloween costume and trick or treating is great fun. There is THE best haunted house near where we live. It is all in fun and they even have a food drive! We leave a bunch of candy and beverages on our front step for kids that come to our house because we don’t want any tricks!
Thanksgiving is a wonderful time of the year for me because I get to see all my relatives. We usually get to go to one of my cousins’ homes and stay for a few days and then we celebrate and have fun. I love when we go out to Grandpa’s farm. We play indoor games, talk and giggle and go outside and play. On my dad’s side of the family, there are thirteen cousins. I always can’t wait to see them each time and I am very thankful. Thanksgiving is all about being grateful and I am reminded of that every Thanksgiving.                                 --- 



Love Always,
Lilia Rexin
Miss Pre Teen North Dakota International 2019

Popular Posts