Hair and Makeup Hacks that will change your life!


I have spent my entire existence being obsessed with hair and makeup. When I say my whole life, I mean it. Ask my parents! I've been getting into my mom’s makeup since I was little, and I still remember the first time I curled my own hair. It wasn’t a great look, but my mom always loved my self-expression and let me do as I pleased, no matter how traumatic the pictures seem to make it. I love creating new styles and makeup looks that help make me feel confident about my skills and how I look! In my opinion, makeup and hair is a form of self-expression. You can tell a lot about a person by how they dress, and how they do their hair and makeup. A lot of young women would criticize and say that they don’t have the time to do their hair and makeup every day, but I beg to differ! With my arsenal of hair and makeup hacks, getting ready is a breeze. Here are my best hacks.
Hack #1:
Have bobby pins that just slide right out of your hair? Lay them down on a piece of paper towel and give them a light mist of hairspray. This will help give some grip to those pins!
*PRO TIP TIME!! Always put your bobby pins in smooth side up for better hold!

Hack #2
Have you ever attempted a smoky eye...and just ended up looking like a raccoon? Me too, girl. To prevent this, I minimize the effort and put a small “hashtag” on the outer crease of my lid and slowly blend it out with a clean brush. Remember, a little goes a long way. Especially with black eyeshadow.
Hack #3
The biggest thing I worry about when I have a bare face is my eyebrows looking a little wonky. To keep my hairs in place, I spray a little eyebrow spoolie with hairspray and run it through my brows. This will keep the hairs from going in the wrong directions.
Hack #4
I have oily skin and sometimes I don’t have access to blotting papers. No need to fear, toilet paper is here! Use 1 ply of toilet paper to gently blot the T-Zone of your face, problem solved!
Hack #5
My biggest problem when I wear fake eyelashes is when the corners pop up! So annoying! To fix this without taking the entire eyelash off and starting over...I learned how to use a bobby pin. Spread the bobby pin apart (yes, this involves bobby pin sacrifice but trust me, it's worth it) then put a drop of glue on the point and apply it right where you need it! This tip is a BIG time saver.
Hack #6
The key to the perfect lip is...starting with chap stick!! When applying lipstick that you want to last all day, it’s important to keep them hydrated by applying a base of chap stick. This helps maintain the plump healthy lip that we all want and ensures you won’t have to be applying it all day long. My favorite chap stick is Burt’s Bees Pomegranate.
I hope these hacks were new and helpful to you! Use them as often as you can, they will make a big difference in the speed of you makeup routine.
As always, 

MacKenzie Johnson 
Miss Teen North Dakota International 2019 

Popular Posts